> Tagging Changes, Part 1

post Jul 27 2017, 13:20
Post #1
Tenboro

Admin

As mentioned in the patch notes, the backend tag system has been rewritten to operate on parent<->child gallery chains rather than individual galleries. All existing galleries have been converted, and the tags for all older (parent) galleries in a chain will now match the current gallery.

Important: Like other tags, "fjord tags" now also apply to an entire chain of galleries. These tags need to remain on the current gallery if they were applicable to a previous gallery in the chain. Versioning a gallery to remove qualifying pages in order to have these tags removed is no longer just discouraged, it is not possible and should be reverted.

Similarly, category and language "magic tags" now apply for the full chain. For these, the current gallery is canonical. (Note that due to caching, changes may not be immediately visible on older galleries in the chain.)

There have been significant internal code changes for this update. Let me know if you encounter any kind of odd behavior, or if any behavior has changed without being explicitly mentioned.

Tool Changes

- The "default" radio button is no longer auto-checked when you change the namespace if there is more than one matching tag.

- Tag groups no longer have a separate "tag group" identifier; instead they are accessed by the group's master tagid. act=taggroup now takes a mastertag=xxx argument instead of taggroup=xxx

- Like tags in general, taglist pages will now be the same for all galleries in the chain. Any gid in the chain can be provided.

- De-expunging a gallery will now automatically purge expunges and cleanup tags from all galleries in the chain. Any gid in the chain can be provided.

- The tag listing tool for users no longer provides an exact tag count. It now provides an estimate for both the total number of tags and recent tags (last 30 days), and also shows the existing raw estimate for number of started and voted tags. Note that the recent estimate doesn't have 30 days worth of data yet, and as such will not be reasonably accurate until it does.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Report PostGo to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 19)

post Jul 27 2017, 15:12
Post #2
moonflow

Active Poster
Group: Gold Star Club
Level 500 (Dovahkiin)

Wow, this new system could turn out to be immensely convenient! *Fingers crossed*
+Quote Post

post Jul 27 2017, 15:15
Post #3
Maximum_Joe

Legendary Poster
Level 500 (Dovahkiin)

QUOTE(Tenboro @ Jul 27 2017, 07:20) *

Let me know if you encounter any kind of odd behavior, or if any behavior has changed without being explicitly mentioned.

I can't slave anything. Try adding "cantonese" to http://ehentaihip.com/tools.php?act=taggroup...;mastertag=3437

--------------------
Try to fill your life with good things.
+Quote Post

post Jul 27 2017, 15:19
Post #4
Tenboro

Admin

QUOTE(Maximum_Joe @ Jul 27 2017, 15:15) *

I can't slave anything. Try adding "cantonese" to http://ehentaihip.com/tools.php?act=taggroup...;mastertag=3437

Works for me. Try without any extensions, check the javascript console log if it still doesn't work.
+Quote Post

post Jul 27 2017, 15:23
Post #5
Maximum_Joe

Legendary Poster
Level 500 (Dovahkiin)

Hmm, works now, didn't change anything on my end. Thanks, will keep poking around.

--------------------
+Quote Post

post Jul 27 2017, 15:28
Post #6
cs987987

笑看牆國韭菜小粉紅
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

the old gallery's tag that I already tag didn't Display

I need tag any tag that will Display

happen again

This post has been edited by cs987987: Jul 27 2017, 16:41

--------------------
+Quote Post

post Jul 27 2017, 15:58
Post #7
Miles Edgeworth

Salty Admiral
Level 500 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(cs987987 @ Jul 27 2017, 22:28) *

the old gallery's tag that I already tag didn't Display

I need tag any tag that will Display

seem already fixed

This happens to me too, my tags for old galleries can't display unless I add new ones.
+Quote Post

post Jul 27 2017, 16:04
Post #8
Tenboro

Admin

QUOTE(Miles Edgeworth @ Jul 27 2017, 15:58) *

This happens to me too, my tags for old galleries can't display unless I add new ones.

Could you be more specific? What are you doing, where are you doing it, what do you expect to happen, and what actually happens?
+Quote Post

post Jul 27 2017, 16:15
Post #9
Miles Edgeworth

Salty Admiral
Level 500 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(Tenboro @ Jul 27 2017, 23:04) *

Could you be more specific? What are you doing, where are you doing it, what do you expect to happen, and what actually happens?

Before the update, when I visited the galleries I tagged, upvoted tags will be displayed as green while downvoted one shown as red; now those colors won't display anymore unless I add new tags on those galleries.
+Quote Post

post Jul 27 2017, 16:25
Post #10
Tenboro

Admin

QUOTE(Miles Edgeworth @ Jul 27 2017, 16:15) *

Before the update, when I visited the galleries I tagged, upvoted tags will be displayed as green while downvoted one shown as red; now those colors won't display anymore unless I add new tags on those galleries.

Looks like this is a quirk caused by old cached gallery interactions. Those should all expire within 24 hours, so let me know if you are still seeing this more than 24 hours from now.

Edit: I tweaked the caching a bit, you shouldn't get the stale entries anymore. Let me know if you can still replicate this behavior.
+Quote Post

post Jul 27 2017, 16:53
Post #11
Miles Edgeworth

Salty Admiral
Level 500 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(Tenboro @ Jul 27 2017, 23:25) *

Looks like this is a quirk caused by old cached gallery interactions. Those should all expire within 24 hours, so let me know if you are still seeing this more than 24 hours from now.

Edit: I tweaked the caching a bit, you shouldn't get the stale entries anymore. Let me know if you can still replicate this behavior.

Yay, it's fine now, thanks sir. laugh.gif
+Quote Post

post Jul 27 2017, 17:23
Post #12
Binglo

Y'all got anymore of them tags?
Group: Global Mods
Level 455 (Godslayer)

Very nice work.

Fingers crossed that this is the beginning for getting a system that links galleries that are the same except in language and censorship!

--------------------
Treat others like you want to be treated.

Want to suggest a new tag? Read this.

post Jul 27 2017, 17:43
Post #13
@43883

Level 500 (Newbie)

Excellent work from what I can tell so far. Thanks, boss.
+Quote Post

post Jul 27 2017, 18:41
Post #14
Mrsuperhappy

Elite Poster
Level 391 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(Tenboro @ Jul 27 2017, 12:20) *

Versioning a gallery to remove qualifying pages in order to have these tags removed is no longer just discouraged, it is not possible and should be reverted.

All sounds good but the above is especially nice, too many people try to remove valid content to avoid tags.

Myself and the other mods may need to watch out for people making entire new galleries and expunging the old ones when they realise they can no longer escape the tags they don't want but it sounds very promising.
+Quote Post

post Jul 27 2017, 22:07
Post #15
blue penguin

in umbra, igitur, pugnabimus
Level 500 (Godslayer)

Really neat stuff Tenb, I'll test it in a moment.

I just have on observation:
QUOTE(Tenboro @ Jul 27 2017, 12:20) *
- De-expunging a gallery will now automatically purge expunges and cleanup tags from all galleries in the chain. Any gid in the chain can be provided.
Some peole vandalise their galleries, e.g. ragequits: they remove all pics except one and republish a gallery. In this case we DX'ed the old one.

In the new engine, is there functionality to revert a gallery chain to a previous state? Or, similar to version control, overwrite a new gallery in the chain with a copy of an older one in the chain?

Also, what is in Part 2? laugh.gif

This post has been edited by blue penguin: Jul 27 2017, 22:14

--------------------
QUOTE(blue penguin @ Jun 21 2021, 17:24)
For 10 years of my life I have refused to add if-else blocks in order to support internet explorer idiocy, am not going to start doing it now in order to support google chrome's idiocy. Sorry folks. As harsh as the advice sounds my advice will be: use a browser that follows IETF standards.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

post Jul 27 2017, 23:47
Post #16
Tenboro

Admin

QUOTE(blue penguin @ Jul 27 2017, 22:07) *

I just have on observation:Some peole vandalise their galleries, e.g. ragequits: they remove all pics except one and republish a gallery. In this case we DX'ed the old one.

What do you mean, "DX" the old one? That wouldn't restore it as the current gallery. If a gallery gets versioned to a bad state, you should send me a reversion request.

In the new engine, is there functionality to revert a gallery chain to a previous state? Or, similar to version control, overwrite a new gallery in the chain with a copy of an older one in the chain?

Such a tool has existed for a long time, but because accidental reversions cannot be undone, I don't give out access to it.

Also, what is in Part 2? laugh.gif

TBD. Most likely a mechanism to reversibly change slaved tags to the current master, but I haven't really started looking at the implementation bit of that yet. Also I have a feeling that some people would use it for OCD purposes, which would make the cost too high..
+Quote Post

post Jul 27 2017, 23:57
Post #17
blue penguin

in umbra, igitur, pugnabimus
Level 500 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(Tenboro @ Jul 27 2017, 22:47) *
What do you mean, "DX" the old one? That wouldn't restore it as the current gallery. If a gallery gets versioned to a bad state, you should send me a reversion request.
I actually meant the revert request. I just guessed that part of the reversing involved some for of DX'ing (and the guess was wrong).

I have a feeling that some people would use it for OCD purposes, which would make the cost too high..
Not me, i swear; pinkie promise.

--------

EDIT: Small inconsistency (probably not a bug) report:

When a gallery has been updated and you see this image Attached Image in the list view of galleries the Tag Flagging does not work for the that list item. In other works the Tag Flagging only works for the HEAD gallery, whilst old versions of the same gallery that are still displayed on the list do not trigger Tag Flagging.

Intentional?

This post has been edited by blue penguin: Jul 28 2017, 00:53

--------------------
QUOTE(blue penguin @ Jun 21 2021, 17:24)
For 10 years of my life I have refused to add if-else blocks in order to support internet explorer idiocy, am not going to start doing it now in order to support google chrome's idiocy. Sorry folks. As harsh as the advice sounds my advice will be: use a browser that follows IETF standards.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

post Jul 28 2017, 02:53
Post #18
Superlatanium

Dreaming of optimizing the system
Level 500 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(Tenboro @ Jul 27 2017, 11:20) *
There have been significant internal code changes for this update. Let me know if you encounter any kind of odd behavior, or if any behavior has changed without being explicitly mentioned.
http://ehentaihip.com/toplist.php

Something broke.

--------------------
+Quote Post

post Jul 28 2017, 04:39
Post #19
Maximum_Joe

Legendary Poster
Level 500 (Dovahkiin)

QUOTE(Tenboro @ Jul 27 2017, 17:47) *

Also I have a feeling that some people would use it for OCD purposes

There are only 3 tag mods...

--------------------
+Quote Post

post Jul 28 2017, 04:45
Post #20
zen_zen

Active Poster
Level 500 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(Superlatanium @ Jul 27 2017, 17:53) *

I'll say! All of the top 10 EH Tracker has been replaced with totally unfamiliar names.

--------------------
Avatar courtesy of chibi-damz, thank you.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
1 Members: ACENOOB

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th December 2022 - 02:24