Closed TopicStart new topic
> New feature: Uploader filtering, Everybody hates somebody

post Dec 15 2017, 08:20
Post #21
Superlatanium

Dreaming of optimizing the system
Group: Gold Star Club
Level 500 (Godslayer)

I was going to post this in the other thread but it got locked before I had finished.

Sorry in advance for acting as devil's advocate. While the new option of hiding certain uploaders may effectively solve the issue some people have with taiko101 and porkymon, I think it's a bit different from the more general issue of this thread, which was something along the lines of "Short/free [often pixiv] galleries make browsing this category harder for me." This has some overlap with the ability to hide uploaders, and will be a "solution" for those who currently have problems with two (and only those two) particular users, but the solution does not quite match the "problem". This might become clearer later if (for example) taiko101 and porkymon sometimes upload "quality" galleries that a pixiv-hater would not have a problem with, or if (for example) other uploaders occasionally upload galleries that the pixiv-hater does not like.

So, we may well see the topic of this thread come back in the future, except focused entirely on gallery types and not on specific uploaders. (Not to imply that this is something that needs to be addressed now, or is something that deserves to be addressed at all - I absolutely don't care one way or the other - just that the complainers may well come back to haunt us later)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

post Dec 15 2017, 09:48
Post #22
Deckard Cain

Regular Poster
Level 491 (Dovahkiin)

Simultaneously useful and hilarious feature
+Quote Post

post Dec 15 2017, 12:23
Post #23
sensualaoi

最高経営責任者, CEO of Sensualaoi enterprises
Group: Members
Level 139 (Lord)

I wish we think of a good name to categorize pixiv and original web manga like "online rakugaki." Saving pixiv galleries separately makes them easier to read, and easier to automate the uploads. We need those galleries because sometimes the artists throw a fit and delete their pixiv accounts. They could dump the pictures in a gallery just for that artist but that tends to get messy if the artist adds pages to various stories that were copied to that gallery.
+Quote Post

post Dec 15 2017, 12:59
Post #24
Red of EHCOVE

Viceroy of Oook & EHCOVE cofounder
Level 354 (Godslayer)

Those two uploaders do have some normal, quality galleries.

Anyway, there was no support for any serious gallery rule changes from senior mods, for reasons that probably boil down to "dealing with that would be too much work". Shrug. The new features are useful, particularly the advanced search toggle on/off features, so let's look the bright side of things.

(Yeah, ideally we would split commercial from non-commercial cg sets, but I can totally understand the fear of the few - likely include me - who would have to figure out how to recategorize the galleries...). Ideal and practical are tough to get on the same page. Yes, we have a problem, but the features here are the best practical solution indeed. If you have a better practical idea, do say so)
+Quote Post

post Dec 15 2017, 17:27
Post #25
Maximum_Joe

Legendary Poster
Level 500 (Dovahkiin)

The next relevant feature people have been requesting is filecounts shown on index/list pages (currently scriptable thanks to the API). Should help dissuade smaller galleries and help to discern expungeables.
+Quote Post

post Dec 15 2017, 20:47
Post #26
ALL_MIGHT

Becoming addicted to LN and WN
Level 460 (Godslayer)

Is it still under construction?
Or is it being updated?

Because i just saw that names (that i added yesterday in my list )
were automatically gone from list.(list is found empty)

Do we have to add them daily?

(IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

This post has been edited by ALL_MIGHT: Dec 15 2017, 20:51
+Quote Post

post Dec 15 2017, 23:30
Post #27
Tenboro

Admin

QUOTE(Superlatanium @ Dec 15 2017, 07:20) *

So, we may well see the topic of this thread come back in the future, except focused entirely on gallery types and not on specific uploaders.

We will always have people going "I don't like this-and-that and it should be banned".

QUOTE(ALL_MIGHT @ Dec 15 2017, 19:47) *

Because i just saw that names (that i added yesterday in my list )
were automatically gone from list.(list is found empty)

Do we have to add them daily?

No, but if you visited the uploader between the original post and about eight hours ago, it would have reset it.
+Quote Post

post Dec 16 2017, 01:01
Post #28
Honeycat

In Noctem
Group: Catgirl Camarilla
Level 500 (Godslayer)

Poor Tenb, he was so enthusiastic at the beginning of this thread.
+Quote Post

post Dec 16 2017, 01:16
Post #29
Superlatanium

Level 500 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(Red_Piotrus @ Dec 15 2017, 10:59) *
Anyway, there was no support for any serious gallery rule changes from senior mods, for reasons that probably boil down to "dealing with that would be too much work". Shrug.

(Yeah, ideally we would split commercial from non-commercial cg sets, but I can totally understand the fear of the few - likely include me - who would have to figure out how to recategorize the galleries...). Ideal and practical are tough to get on the same page. Yes, we have a problem, but the features here are the best practical solution indeed. If you have a better practical idea, do say so)
Category changes were almost certainly never going to happen, to say nothing of gallery bans, but those aren't the only options - for example, someone could propose a tag such as "misc:free set <needs better specific name>" for small, noncommercial ArtistCGs. Or something like that. That's what tags are for - to give those who care the option of differentiating between galleries.
+Quote Post

post Dec 16 2017, 03:36
Post #30
frankmelody

Θ..Θ
Level 500 (Godslayer)

Oh my dear, exactly what I need and I was using personal script blocking trolls these days. You are thinking in my shoes. (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
+Quote Post

post Dec 16 2017, 04:52
Post #31
art2k14

Newcomer
Level 447 (Godslayer)

I got rid of my banana problem years ago with tag flagging, glad to see this new feature though
+Quote Post

post Dec 16 2017, 05:02
Post #32
RoadShoe

Press any key to continue... Where's the any key?
Level 500 (Godslayer)

I typed "hentai" in the filter and the feathers in my Waifu disappeared.

Or maybe it was the excessive amount of Tequila during lunch.

I wonder what will happen if I type "Tequila" in the filter.
+Quote Post

post Dec 16 2017, 05:31
Post #33
tmttmd

Casual Poster
Level 440 (Godslayer)

It is really an excellent Features
+Quote Post

post Dec 16 2017, 05:37
Post #34
fox3

such title. much original. wow.
Level 124 (Ascended)

Nice feature but unfortunately I hesitate to use it because the uploaders I hate just might, might upload something I'd like to see and I don't want to be searching for a gallery and have it accidentally excluded from the results because it was them who uploaded it.
+Quote Post

post Dec 16 2017, 09:04
Post #35
@43883

Level 500 (Newbie)

Protip: You don't have to use it all the time, just when it gets really terribad. This is why Tenboro has implemented the PHP GET f_sfl and f_sfu arguments.
(For the less dev-al-ish, exclude language filters and exclude uploader filters My Home settings checkboxes.)

You could also check periodically with a query since what has been uploaded remains uploaded.
+Quote Post

post Dec 16 2017, 12:40
Post #36
@Inkblot

Rotoscopic Rototiller
Level 353 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(fox3 @ Dec 15 2017, 20:37) *

Nice feature but unfortunately I hesitate to use it because the uploaders I hate just might, might upload something I'd like to see and I don't want to be searching for a gallery and have it accidentally excluded from the results because it was them who uploaded it.

I think it's mostly a band-aid for the people who get ridiculously apoplectic upon seeing shitty galleries uploaded by the same people.
+Quote Post

post Dec 16 2017, 15:40
Post #37
neptunehs

Newcomer
Level 37 (Journeyman)

No more pixiv bombarded is a great thing.
By the way,what's the meaning of "banana"?
+Quote Post

post Dec 16 2017, 15:41
Post #38
Superlatanium

Level 500 (Godslayer)

/index.php?act=S...=banana+gallery
+Quote Post

post Dec 17 2017, 08:36
Post #39
raposazul

Casual Poster
Level 232 (Godslayer)

I've grown to not mind uploaders that frequently post low quality scans (because after all, a low quality scan is much better than not having anything at all), but
QUOTE(Tenboro @ Dec 14 2017, 12:10) *

I also added two new options to Advanced Search that allows you to temporarily turn off the Language and/or Uploader filters without dicking around in the settings.

This is amazing and I'll forever be grateful for the small amount of time I'll save because of it. It's nothing much but it's pretty convenient.

(edit) I missed out on this entire drama but wait, why are people finding pixiv uploads to be a problem? Just turn the artist CG category off and there you go, you'll never have to bother looking at them again.
(If the problem is the front page spam, then eternally ongoing western comics and webtoons fall under the same case and both of those are easily solved by disabling a category and the introduction of the webtoon tag so I don't understand why people are whining now)
In any case I guess that shouldn't be an issue anymore so I hope no major changes happen to the gallery system, I'm pretty satisfied with how things currently are.

This post has been edited by raposazul: Dec 17 2017, 08:43
+Quote Post

post Dec 17 2017, 11:23
Post #40
Z.G.

I'm the sukebei, for I am holding all hentai in my hands
Level 245 (Ascended)

10/10 feature. I guess now we can finally filter English -Uploader to have proper translation (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post

6 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th December 2022 - 23:56