7 Pages V « < 5 6 7  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mayriad's EH Master Script, Adds Dozens of Features to E-Hentai - Latest Release: v2.1.3 on 25 December 2020 UTC

post Mar 16 2022, 17:50
Post #121
Mayriad

SUPER ★ AFK ★ TIME
Group: Global Mods
Level 101 (Lord)

QUOTE(saboshita @ Mar 16 2022, 05:12) *
Another suggestions add the ability to choose multiple galleries to download simply by checking a mark next to a gallery. This makes a queue but instead of downloading all the galleries you only download the ones you chose

Just click the existing individual download buttons then. This seems to be another rather unnecessary feature requested just to aid your particular use case a tiny little bit. This kind of request will not go through here and you should consider hiring a software developer or making it yourself. I am not a software developer and I only learnt JavaScript from coding this script, so you can try the same.
QUOTE(Mayriad @ Mar 15 2022, 14:08) *
As the documentation says, this script is my personal project and I am not prepared to add every little thing others want to have.
QUOTE(Mayriad @ Mar 15 2022, 12:21) *
You are the only one requesting this.

This post has been edited by Mayriad: Mar 16 2022, 17:58

--------------------
My uploads | Mayriad's EH Master Script: Adds dozens of features to E-Hentai
[Young and Carefree] Life at the Shuchiin Academy ~ We Got Dank Vibes! ~: SHUCHIIN IS LIT AF (GSC only)
Currently airing: かぐや様は中国語を教えたい ~モデレーターたちのスパム頭脳戦~ / Kaguya-sama: Moderation Is War
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Report PostGo to the top of the page
+Quote Post

post Mar 16 2022, 21:32
Post #122
saboshita

Casual Poster
Group: Gold Star Club
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

You say I'm in minority but can it be that vast majority of users just don't bother contacting you to request features? Maybe if you suddenly removed half of your script functions they wouldn't be bothered either and continued to use the script.
What I'm trying to say my requests might only look unappropriate and unwelcomed on the first glance but people will actually use it, cause the idea behind it is not that bad:
Atm we can download everything or we can download by choosing a certain gallery by clicking, clicking (it takes too much time - you have to manually hover then click then wait for it to finish and repeat untill done) and there is nothing in between. And my suggestion is in between:
1 choose what you want to download beforehand by check marking
2 download checked galleries by a single click

This post has been edited by saboshita: Mar 16 2022, 21:39
+Quote Post

post Mar 16 2022, 22:49
Post #123
Mayriad

SUPER ★ AFK ★ TIME
Level 101 (Lord)

QUOTE(saboshita @ Mar 16 2022, 13:32) *
You say I'm in minority but can it be that vast majority of users just don't bother contacting you to request features?

If you read this thread you will see that users contact me to request features, changes and help all the time. Sometimes people ask on GitHub and 4chan, too. Your feature requests are really niche and cost-ineffective, and nobody has talked about things like yours.

Maybe if you suddenly removed half of your script functions they wouldn't be bothered either and continued to use the script.

Yeah I am sure they would not be bothered, because they can just grab an earlier version from the GitHub repo, a GitHub fork by someone else or the GitHub Arctic Code Vault. It is open source.

What I'm trying to say my requests might only look unappropriate and unwelcomed on the first glance but people will actually use it, cause the idea behind it is not that bad:

I don't know why you are so confident that others also need your feature, but I must remind you again that script features don't code themselves and I am not going to work on every little thing others want to have, since it is a personal project I made for myself. You are still mistaking me for an angel. The idea behind a feature that magically prints money (e.g. crypto) is also not that bad and I am sure people will actually use it, but no one is going to figure out how to make it happen.

--------------------
[Young and Carefree] Life at the Shuchiin Academy ~ We Got Dank Vibes! ~: SHUCHIIN IS LIT AF (GSC only)
Currently airing: かぐや様は中国語を教えたい ~モデレーターたちのスパム頭脳戦~ / Kaguya-sama: Moderation Is War
+Quote Post

post Mar 17 2022, 03:01
Post #124
saboshita

Casual Poster
Group: Gold Star Club
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

ok then have a nice dy, surpiaed you so patient
+Quote Post

post Apr 6 2022, 14:58
Post #125
yazer

Newcomer
Group: Members
Level 12 (Novice)

"downloading archive still cost your GP"

So if I have some free quota, this script will use the quota 1st then cost GP to download if the quota run out right?

+Quote Post

post Apr 6 2022, 16:39
Post #126
PrincessKaguya

On the Payroll
Level 403 (Dovahkiin)

QUOTE(yazer @ Apr 6 2022, 06:58) *
"downloading archive still cost your GP"

So if I have some free quota, this script will use the quota 1st then cost GP to download if the quota run out right?
The gallery archive system will always use your free quota first if available, then GP if not. This is not something that can be changed from the user's end AFAIK. You can use scripts to prevent archiving when it is not free, but that's basically it.

--------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
K+ | My Uploads | Tagging 101 (Adv) | ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Entitled freeloaders and their minions have been a disaster for the human race.
+Quote Post

post Apr 6 2022, 23:07
Post #127
yazer

Newcomer
Level 12 (Novice)

QUOTE(PrincessKaguya @ Apr 6 2022, 11:39) *

The gallery archive system will always use your free quota first if available, then GP if not. This is not something that can be changed from the user's end AFAIK. You can use scripts to prevent archiving when it is not free, but that's basically it.

How can I prevent downloading when my quota is used up?

edit:

I mean how can I prevent re-archiving? can't find the option in script setting.

This post has been edited by yazer: Apr 7 2022, 10:55
+Quote Post

post Apr 26 2022, 18:02
Post #128
Jerrk

Newcomer
Level 11 (Novice)

I've got a feature suggestion that may be in the purview of this script.

I would like to hide already visited galleries while searching and hide these galleries from said page if they are opened in a new tab or such.

i've been able to do this in youtube and mangadex since they have an indicator for when a chapter/video is opened which i can use to then hide the entire element with CSS.

since ehentai doesn't have a "read" indicator this is not currently possible from what i understand.
+Quote Post

post May 2 2022, 06:30
Post #129
Mayriad

SUPER ★ AFK ★ TIME
Level 101 (Lord)

Sorry for the late responses. I am AFK as my custom title on the left says.

QUOTE(yazer @ Apr 6 2022, 15:07) *
I mean how can I prevent re-archiving? can't find the option in script setting.

Not sure what you mean by re-archiving, but the site does not provide a clear indicator and I think it is quite difficult to detect and avoid downloading recreated archives to which free quota does not apply. It also affects way too many galleries and may not work as you would expect.

QUOTE(Jerrk @ Apr 26 2022, 10:02) *
I've got a feature suggestion that may be in the purview of this script.

I would like to hide already visited galleries while searching and hide these galleries from said page if they are opened in a new tab or such.

This has been requested before but I don't think there is a good way to do it, partly due to the limitation of userscripts. Hiding already opened galleries can be done in two ways:
  • The first way records and saves the gallery ids opened to userscript storage, but the problem here is that the storage used can grow very rapidly for some people and that may affect performance and stuff.
  • The second way relies on your browser's native records of visited links instead of userscript storage, but the problem is that such native records can be erased.
Maybe I will actually stress-test the first way or consider the second way when I get to work on the script again. I just don't really have time for it since I became a moderator here, as I have to spend my limited time on moderation instead of coding.

QUOTE(Jerrk @ Apr 26 2022, 10:02) *
i've been able to do this in youtube and mangadex since they have an indicator for when a chapter/video is opened which i can use to then hide the entire element with CSS.

since ehentai doesn't have a "read" indicator this is not currently possible from what i understand.

EH does have a read indicator. Visited galleries will have their titles coloured slightly differently in gallery lists. It is indeed not obvious enough and I have a fix for this in the design fixes feature. I think you can use the CSS selector "a:visited .glink, a:active .glink" to select and hide visited galleries for now.

--------------------
+Quote Post

post May 2 2022, 11:41
Post #130
kgptzac

Lurker
Group: Recruits
Level 11 (Novice)

I just want to say thanks! For a long time I wanted fit images to fit my screen, and before today I thought it was impossible.
+Quote Post

post May 19 2022, 16:53
Post #131
Jerrk

Newcomer
Level 11 (Novice)

QUOTE(Mayriad @ May 2 2022, 00:30) *

EH does have a read indicator. Visited galleries will have their titles coloured slightly differently in gallery lists. It is indeed not obvious enough and I have a fix for this in the design fixes feature. I think you can use the CSS selector "a:visited .glink, a:active .glink" to select and hide visited galleries for now.

I tried doing this before i typed up the comment but from what i found this is not possible since it will only allow you to style the link and not use the a:visited property to hide a parent. i.e
CODE
div.gl1t:has(a:visited .glink)
does not work, but since mangadex has a read indicator this CSS does work:
CODE
.chapter-feed__container:not(:has(.feather-eye))

Unless i'm completely missing something this does not seem possible

[www.impressivewebs.com] https://www.impressivewebs.com/styling-visited-links/
+Quote Post

post Aug 29 2022, 13:52
Post #132
BeetchFagget

Newcomer
Level 332 (Dovahkiin)

How can I make the code that starts at line 5131 be applied properly?

I changed the width size a bit to make fit perfectly with the zoom level I use. But I can't figure out how to make the script apply the code to the site properly.

Yes... I'm a bottom of the barrel noob on this, but I really want to learn a bit more.
Thank you!

--------------------
+Quote Post

7 Pages V « < 5 6 7
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
1 Members: k999k99

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th September 2022 - 17:53