> DMM and DLsite Book (.dmmb/.dlst) Image Ripper

post Oct 7 2012, 15:56
Post #1
wocle

Lurker
Group: Lurkers
Level 19 (Novice)

Turns out DLsite has their own version of the program DMM Viewer runs on, so this now works for .dlst files after a few minor changes. I've temporarily dubbed it the much less catchy ViewerRip. Also .jpg export has been added, as well as (hopefully) a few changes to make it more reliable.

Download: [mediafire.com] http://mediafire.com/download/c0g8zm44fitzcea

View source (written in C): [pastebin.com] http://pastebin.com/zpNccvwy (You'll still need FreeImage.dll from the download link if you want to be able to save as .jpg)

Instructions
1. Place viewerrip.exe in the folder where you want the ripped files to be saved.
2. Run dmmviewer.exe or dlsiteviewer.exe
3. Open the file you want to rip with dmmviewer/dlsiteviewer. Enter your login information if necessary.
4. Run viewerrip.exe and wait for it to finish. It will run in the background, so you can use other programs while you wait.

Known issues:
The program will only rip from the first instance of dmmviewer/dlsiteviewer, so make sure you only have one open at a time.
It may fail on small images. I don't know how small it would need to be exactly, so if you get garbage for any of your small images, let me know the dimensions.

What do I do if it doesn't work?
First, make sure you followed the instructions correctly and read the known issues. If your issue isn't resolved or addressed, run viewerrip_debug.bat (command line flag -d for those compiling from source with stdout and stderr piped to a file). Once it's done, open log.txt and send me the contents, as well as information about your version of Windows and anything else you feel might be relevant.

Changelog
2013/08/04
  • Added support for DLsite Viewer
  • Added support for .jpg export
  • Manually setting zoom to 100% is no longer necessary
  • Fixed only exporting the first image if started while viewing the last image
  • Possibly fixed "slanted" images
  • Slightly more debugging information
2012/10/07
  • Initial release

If you use it, let me know if it is/isn't successful so I can try to gauge how common problems are.

This post has been edited by wocle: Aug 5 2013, 14:32
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Report PostGo to the top of the page
+Quote Post

11 Pages V « < 9 10 11  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(200 - 203)

post Sep 16 2022, 00:16
Post #201
dragontamer8740

ナイトセイバーズ さんじょ
Group: Members
Level 340 (Dovahkiin)

QUOTE(lwlin @ Sep 15 2022, 13:25) *
About the source code, I have no plans to release it now. Maybe when this idea is completely blocked or another great idea from my friend is done.
Okay, then. Pity I won't be able to use it.

And I know what DLL hijacking is. I have done it myself (although in my case it was an LD_PRELOAD hack on a better OS).

This post has been edited by dragontamer8740: Sep 16 2022, 00:18

--------------------
+Quote Post

post Sep 16 2022, 12:01
Post #202
p43j77

Lurker
Group: Recruits
Level 37 (Journeyman)

QUOTE(lwlin @ Sep 15 2022, 22:25) *

Because I don't want to communicate repeatedly through posts, I replied to your previous post through PM, but unfortunately you didn't see it.
But it is worth celebrating that you have now figured out how to use it, and EPUB is actually a ZIP archive. You can modify the file extension to ZIP to extract the original image files inside instead of converting the original file lossy.

About the above security questions, I can only say that the DLL does not execute third-party programs, does not read or write irrelevant files, and no network communication.
Hooking the WinAPI related to version.dll is a technique called DLL Hijacking, which is used to silently inject programs in the same directory as the DLL without a third-party program. The related APIs are forwarded to the original API functions in place. The widely used Unity game plugin framework BepInEx also uses this technique.
You are welcome to tell everyone about the risks, persuade others not to use it, and research whether I have done anything illegal, but if there is no definite evidence, please do not directly falsely accuse me. thanks.
About the source code, I have no plans to release it now. Maybe when this idea is completely blocked or another great idea from my friend is done.

Finally, I have to say this important sentence again: Use the knife at your own risk.

Thank you for your effort and it's much appreciated.
I didn't get it to work as I misread the instruction for "D○M Viewer 3.1.9 and later --> use x64 DLL" as English is not my first language. After I read it a few more times I got what you mean so it's all fine now.

Also, many thx for the insight into EPUB, saved me a lot of time. You learn something new every day and you made my day.

I think most people around here well understand the risk of using random things online. As you said, use at your own risk.
+Quote Post

post Sep 16 2022, 12:23
Post #203
dragontamer8740

ナイトセイバーズ さんじょ
Group: Members
Level 340 (Dovahkiin)

It's not just that; it's also "keeping secrets from people."

When you're trying to defeat some rotten company's restraints, you shouldn't introduce your own or hide your reverse engineering efforts. I for one want to learn from things like this rather than simply be handed a black box and told it's all I should want.

It is going to get patched either way, eventually, so I don't see the point of people not sharing their code unless they're a dick.

If you don't want to share something useful with the rest of us because you're afraid that it'll be patched, then you should do what genl does and not release at all. Not this retarded half-step that will still lead to patches and result in no curious minds (mine) getting any insight whatsoever into how the thing works or how the measures were defeated. For people with an interest in learning about this stuff, this stupid shit just feels like gatekeeping and peddling a "solution" rather than sharing freely with the community so that everyone can benefit.

I feel the same way about object-code-only jailbreak exploits (and closed-source freeware in general really).

Yes, this is a strong opinion. But it is mine, and I really hate it when people try to defend people who pull stuff like this. Object code only is the worst of both worlds because it gets patched relatively quickly by diff'ing the injected DLL, AND no one else in the community gets to learn anything from the code either without extensive decompilation of their own, AND no one knows if it is trustworthy. For what? In my opinion and experience it's usually because of the programmer's own ego, and wanting total unilateral control over whatever they did.

This post has been edited by dragontamer8740: Sep 16 2022, 12:30

--------------------
+Quote Post

post Sep 18 2022, 10:45
Post #204
dongmian

また一緒に、夢を見よう
Group: Gold Star Club
Level 435 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(lwlin @ Aug 22 2022, 08:51) *

The new "toy" my friend and I made together is done and it's time to share it with you all. :lol:

** WARNING **
To optimize performance, only Intel's Ivy Bridge and AMD's Jaguar and newer CPUs will work.
** WARNING **

GHOST TRICK -- A knife that can kill dl○t/d○mb/dm○e/d○mr.

Use the knife at your own risk.

If you have met the hardware requirements above, let me explain how to use it.

There will be two DLLs with the same function corresponding to the two instruction sets in the archive file.
You need to put the DLL with the same instruction set in the directory of the target program according to the instruction set of the target program.
If you can't figure this out, you can simply follow these rules:
1. If you are running a 32-bit operating system, you can directly choice the x86 DLL.
2. If you are running a 64-bit operating system, except for D○M Viewer 3.1.9 and later, you need to choice x64 DLL, otherwise you should still choice x86 version.
After placing the DLL, open the book to be extracted normally, and a message box will display the extracted content(s)'s output path.

The following are known targets that can be handled:
DLs○te Viewer: 1.0.4.2 - 1.1.8
D○M Reader: 1.3.0.10a
DM○ Viewer: 3.1.0 - 3.1.16

Download:
[anonfiles.com] DL1
[mega.nz] DL2

Please stop using viewerrip, and don't use "Duplicate" as the reason to expunge newer galleries with original images.

This one proved to work with latest version of dmmbookviewer. Much appreciate for your work.
+Quote Post

11 Pages V « < 9 10 11
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
1 Members: k999k99

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th September 2022 - 17:52