> Tag Check, a userscript for taggers (Updated Nov 2019), Improve your accuracy, log your downvotes, and more!

post Jan 23 2016, 03:34
Post #1
Superlatanium

Dreaming of optimizing the system
Group: Gold Star Club
Level 500 (Godslayer)

Tag Check 1.4.0 (2019-11-9)

For us taggers, before now, there was no way for us to figure out which tags we're getting wrong. Although we can see our taglist to check overall accuracy, that doesn't give any useful information about what we need to look out for or where we need to be more vigilant. Given the total lack of feedback on one's performance at anything specific, it's daunting, especially for those getting started and having a hard time figuring out what they should be doing differently, if anything. Lurking the vigilante threads for a few months is one way to figure out all the nuances (of which there are quite a few), but that's time consuming and requires more patience than most have. Even knowing everything, it's still quite possible to make ordinary mistakes, which we'll never know about unless we see someone post it in the "Tagging and its abuse" thread (or unless we get a PM from Binglo or Joe). I've seen quite a few posts asking for something to make things easier.

Another related issue: it's pretty common for people to post big lists of tags to be downvoted in that thread. They must:
(1) when downvoting, manually save the gallery links in a text file over a couple weeks
(2) when it's time to post, go through each gallery again to see which bad tags are still there
(3) post
(4) go through the entire list every couple hours afterwards so the finished galleries can be struckthrough

To solve both of these horribly tedious issues, after talking with Tenboro, I've written a userscript to save one's upped and downed tags. One can press a button and identify which upvoted tags have been killed, and which downvoted tags still exist. It will help us tag more accurately as well as draw our attention to galleries that need to be posted in the Abuse thread for tag killing or upping (or to create discussion and help get everyone on the same page). Tags are saved in your browser's Local Storage, and server communication is done through the E-Hentai API; retrieving tags, thumbnails, the current gallery category, etc.

Attached File  Tag_Check_1.4.0.user.js.txt ( 57.15k ) Number of downloads: 3495

---
mod edit:
the above download no longer functions correctly in the new gallery system. for an updated script, please visit this post in the thread:
/index.php?s=&am...t&p=5866431
---

Full screenshot example, after a bit of upvoting, downvoting, and reclassing:
Attached Image

The basics:
  • Go to your taglist page and press "Check Tags" to check which tags you've voted for have been downvoted (Taglist page: http://ehentaihip.com/tools.php?act=taglist&uid=YourUserId ; mine is 1647739 so I go here )
  • Upvoted tags are checked after 2 weeks (so you'll have to be a little patient to get results)
  • After downvoting tags, you can make a comment on the gallery in the box that appears explaining why, or to remind yourself. Then, while tag checking, the galleries that still have those downvoted tags visible will be listed, and you'll be able to paste them and your comment directly into the Tagging and its abuse thread to get help. Example:
    Attached Image
    (If you want to hide the comment box and never make comments, you can change makeComments at the top of the script from "true" to "false")
  • You can also vote on reclasses, and after a couple weeks, the reclasses that haven't become dominant yet will be put into a similar table, and you'll get a block of text ready to be posted to the The Rename/Reclass thread
  • In the UI, press "Dismiss" or "OK" to remove that tag or row from your localStorage and keep it from appearing in that table again
  • Press "Recheck Tag Post" for Tag Check to analyze a forum post of links and tags to kill (example) and strikethrough all galleries whose tags have been successfully removed. This way you can edit your posts without deleting finished galleries.
    (note that gallery links preceded by comments (eg. "All parody and character tags") instead of literal comma-separated tags will still have to be done by hand)
    Example screenshot:
    Attached Image
Important things to note:
  • Galleries are checked (for all your tags, upped and downed): if you have downvoted a tag and it still existed in the gallery last time you checked, or if your last tagging timestamp on the gallery was more than 14 days ago. (So, a list of tags to remove will be displayed immediately, but for everything else, we need to wait a a couple weeks to give everyone else a chance to vote on it first.)
  • After UI creation, the gallery is removed from localStorage if the last tagging timestamp was more than 14 days ago, and the gallery isn't displayed on any of the three tables. This is enough time to see results while not overloading the API or your file system. (So, generally no more than ~2500 galleries will be saved at any one time, even for the most enthusiastic of taggers)
Less important things to note:
  • If your comment includes "all * tags" (case insensitive) anywhere, your comment will be printed to the forum text instead of your list of tags. (eg. "all female tags")
  • Upped and downed tags are recorded when you vote in the gallery - they're not taken from your taglist - so there's no limit on the number of saved tags, or a frequency with which you need to visit your taglist to keep all voted tags recorded.
  • Galleries in the tables with a darker background than the rest is an indicator that it is expunged (but non-visible internally replaced galleries can't be distinguished yet)
  • The forum text fields are generated as a result of the gallery list and comments. So to make changes before you're ready to leave Tag Check, alter the table and comments, not the text field.
  • For misc: tags you upvote that disappear, if they aren't one of the common possible misc: tags, they may have been recently grouped or slaved rather than downvoted. The table makes a note of this when that happens.
  • "Recheck Tag Post" processes posts generated by Tag Check (with the exception of links preceded by comments instead of tags), but may not work with posts formatted differently. Non-misc namespaces must be included (eg "f:huge breasts" or "F:huge breasts" or "female:huge breasts", and not just "huge breasts"), and comma-separated tags must be listed directly above the line(s) with the gallery links. (The misc: namespace is optional)
This script works on Firefox (via Greasemonkey) and Chrome (via Tampermonkey). Haven't used userscripts before? Try them, they're wonderful for UI improvements and many other things. (To load a script, after installing Greasemonkey or Tampermonkey, go to GM's "New User Script" button, or TM's "Add a new script" button", and paste in the code)

Possible future fixes:
  • The API doesn't show any tags under 10 power, so sometimes tags won't be killed off completely
  • The API doesn't distinguish between internally replaced galleries and visible galleries

1.4.0: Made script compatible with new gallery layout

1.3.2: Fixed an issue when someone with checkDotted set to false wouldn't be able to Recheck Tag Post.
Attached File  Tag_Check_1.3.2.user.js.txt ( 58.44k ) Number of downloads: 2203

1.3.1: Made the script compatible with the [g.e] https://g.e format. If you want to copy over your saved tags, you should download this soon, because Tenboro has hinted that g.e- will be going away entirely in the very near future.
To transfer tags from g.e- domain to [e-h] https://e-h domain, set "migrate" to true at the top of the script and follow the instructions. (It's a simple copy and paste job)
A number of other things were changed too. Jquery was completely removed, it's all native JS now. The parse recheck function was completely reworked to work on low power tags. If you want to downvote a tag in a gallery but not save the downvoted tag for checking later, you can now click the "Don't save downed" button.

1.2.3: Forgot to remove an alert that was coming up on finding a downvoted tag (it was there for debugging)

1.2.2: Added an option to ignore group:, artist:, and unofficial misc: tags, so the removed list doesn't get too long to handle

1.2.1:
Completed galleries are now moved to the bottom of the tag post rather than just being crossed out - for easier navigation
Added an option to check for downvoted tags under 10 power (which are not returned by the API)
Fixed some formatting issues when creating a forum post
Downvotes on blocked/slaved tags are no longer saved

1.1.4: Fixed a problem with the progress button when only one API request is being sent
1.1.3: Fixed a problem where downvotes right after installation weren't being saved due to localStorage.savedTags not existing. Also fixed a couple of display oddities involving the gallery thumbnail.
1.1.2: Fixed an unsafeWindow compatibility problem with Chrome.
1.1.1: Initial release

If you tag frequently, please try it, tell me what you think. Feedback/bug reports/feature requests welcome. Try upvoting a couple tags, downvoting a few tags, and then pressing Check Tags to see how it works.

This post has been edited by nasu: Nov 18 2021, 20:38
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Report PostGo to the top of the page
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(40 - 55)

post Nov 9 2019, 19:25
Post #41
Superlatanium

Dreaming of optimizing the system
Level 500 (Godslayer)

Fixed the script to be compatible with the new gallery layout.

--------------------
+Quote Post

post Nov 9 2019, 22:29
Post #42
blue penguin

in umbra, igitur, pugnabimus
Group: Global Mods
Level 500 (Godslayer)

Thanks for that Super, much appreciated

--------------------
QUOTE(blue penguin @ Jun 21 2021, 17:24)
For 10 years of my life I have refused to add if-else blocks in order to support internet explorer idiocy, am not going to start doing it now in order to support google chrome's idiocy. Sorry folks. As harsh as the advice sounds my advice will be: use a browser that follows IETF standards.
+Quote Post

post Nov 10 2019, 00:33
Post #43
Z.G.

I'm the sukebei, for I am holding all hentai in my hands
Level 245 (Ascended)

OH YES! Thank you!

--------------------
Please support my bouty for the glory of Amagami SS

INCEST is WINCEST
+Quote Post

post Nov 10 2019, 02:07
Post #44
Shank

Roll for Initiative
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

You're a legend
+Quote Post

post Nov 10 2019, 06:32
Post #45
PrincessKaguya

On the Payroll
Level 403 (Dovahkiin)

QUOTE(Superlatanium @ Nov 9 2019, 11:25) *

Fixed the script to be compatible with the new gallery layout.

i need to send you a bunch of cookies for this

--------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
K+ | My Uploads | Tagging 101 (Adv) | ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Entitled freeloaders and their minions have been a disaster for the human race.
+Quote Post

post May 1 2020, 12:46
Post #46
Kaede73

Lurker
Group: Recruits
Level 179 (Destined)

I have some issues getting it running on Firefox v75.0 and Greasemonkey 4.9. Clicking "check tags" in my taglist tool brings up the message, "No saved tags." Indeed, no tags are saved. Checking my local storage I find the variable savedTags but it just shows some sad empty brackets {}. When I try to up or down a tag I get this message in my debugger:

CODE
Script error in [Greasemonkey script E-Hentai/Tag Check; version 1.4.0]:
ReferenceError: gid is not defined Tag Check:1474:19
    <anonymous> user-script:E-Hentai/Tag Check:1474

There is no line 1474, so I don't know what's going on. Maybe that means something else? Yes, it does.
Also, when downvoting a tag I never get a text box to type in a note/reason.

I'm going to keep checking to see if I've done something wrong, and will get back to you all if I can get it working.

Update:
The line in the debugger referred to a line in the main thread debugger window thing. Here's the full log minus the script.

CODE
try { (function scopeWrapper(){ function userScript() { // ==UserScript==
// @name        Tag Check
// @namespace   E-Hentai
// @include     https://e-hentai.org/tools.php?act=taglist&uid=*

Is how it starts out. It then runs the script and after the last function continues on, eventually showing where it decided to throw the error.
CODE
function getDocumentHeight(d){
  return Math.max(d.body.scrollHeight, d.body.offsetHeight, d.documentElement.clientHeight, d.documentElement.scrollHeight, d.documentElement.offsetHeight);
}
        /* Line break to catch comments on the final line of scripts. */ }
        const unsafeWindow = window.wrappedJSObject;
        const GM = {};
GM.info = {"script":{"description":"Identify your inaccurate tags, save your downed and reclass tags for forum posting","excludes":[],"includes":["https://e-hentai.org/tools.php?act=taglist&uid=*","https://e-hentai.org/g/*","https://e-hentai.org/g/*","https://e-hentai.org/fakepage"],"matches":[],"name":"Tag Check","namespace":"E-Hentai","resources":{},"runAt":"end","uuid":"660dd939-6830-4db8-8f2d-e52a04bf4db1","version":"1.4.0"},"scriptMetaStr":"// @name        Tag Check\n// @namespace   E-Hentai\n// @include     https://e-hentai.org/tools.php?act=taglist&uid=*\n// @include     https://e-hentai.org/g/*\n// @include     https://e-hentai.org/g/*\n// @include     https://e-hentai.org/fakepage\n// @author      Superlatanium\n// @version     1.4.0\n// @grant       none\n// @description Identify your inaccurate tags, save your downed and reclass tags for forum posting\n","scriptHandler":"Greasemonkey","version":"4.9"};const GM_info = GM.info;
        /* No grants, no APIs. */

{
  let origOpen = XMLHttpRequest.prototype.open;
  XMLHttpRequest.prototype.open = function open(method, url) {
    // only include method and url parameters so the function length is set properly
    if (arguments.length >= 2) {
      let newUrl = new URL(arguments[1], document.location.href);
      arguments[1] = newUrl.toString();
    }
    return origOpen.apply(this, arguments);
  };
}

userScript();
        })();
        } catch (err) {
          console.error('Script error in %s:\n%s: %s',
              "[Greasemonkey script E-Hentai/Tag Check; version 1.4.0]", err.name, err.message);
        }
        //# sourceURL=user-script:E-Hentai/Tag%20Check

I do have useEx set to true. It doesn't work with it set to false either. Note part of the output at the end will have been modified by the forum software.

I hope this is more helpful.

This post has been edited by Kaede73: May 2 2020, 16:48
+Quote Post

post Sep 13 2020, 01:17
Post #47
Z.G.

Level 245 (Ascended)

I've got a little problem. How do you remove tags that are down from removed updated galleries (i.e. cloned)?
I click on [dismiss] but it does appear again. I'd rather not clear the local storage if possible.

--------------------

INCEST is WINCEST
+Quote Post

post Sep 16 2020, 00:30
Post #48
Shank

Roll for Initiative
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

I have a (minor) bug, and a UI issue to report.

The bug isn't something common, and doesn't pose an issue, but as I know how to replicate it, I thought I'd report it anyway in case it's linked to something more dastardly (as unlikely as that may be).

Attached Image

The above category image is missing (it's named undefined.png). This is because it's a private gallery, which almost never will be seen on this list. The exception, is if like me, you tag your own gallery while it's private, then publish. Specifically, the steps to reproduce

1) Publish a gallery as private
2) Tag the gallery
3) Clone and unlock the gallery (in my case, to add forgotten cover most likely)
4) Make public
5) Have tag killed or slaved

Not really a big issue, something that probably almost never gets seen.

The UI issue is mostly just an inconvenience, for galleries with short names, tall thumbnails, and located at the bottom of the list, causes the thumbnail to cover the link and make it unclickable (even if the browser picks it up)

Attached Image
Attached Image

I'm using brave, which is modified Chrome. It's possible that the latter is related to my browser specifically, but the former is likely independent of browser.

As I say, they are pretty minor and nothing more than a small nuisance, just making the report in case (specifically the former) might be related to other problems re private galleries being tagged.

Another two things which may be known, due to them seeming common (did this across all browsers and installations of the script I've used)

tags I have added and then removed will sometimes show up in "your removed tags". Not an issue, but causes me a bit of panic when I see it
tags that I have downed are hit and miss adding to the list, the only way to guarantee it seems to be downing a tag and refreshing the gallery after. < I'm not actually sure if it's a bug though, I don't fully understand the method the script uses to decide when a tag should be added to the list (aka maybe after a period of time, etc.)

I'm always available to try and test anything or provide information, console logs, etc. if you need them

And, I've said this in a previous post before, but I can't say it enough, thank you for such a fantastic script

This post has been edited by Angaver: Sep 16 2020, 00:48
+Quote Post

post Dec 25 2020, 00:20
Post #49
Z.G.

Level 245 (Ascended)

Is it possible to flush all the data stored? Adding a button to do that would be really good. I ask this, because the imageset got often replaced and I'll keep old down'ed tags

--------------------

INCEST is WINCEST
+Quote Post

post Feb 21 2021, 02:31
Post #50
nasu

さき★すかん
Level 381 (Godslayer)

Just a quick note after trying to update it myself quickly, this script seems to be having some issues with local storage (where tags are stored) since e-hentai.org/tools.php was moved to repo.e-hentai.org/tools.php

If anyone has any idea how to update the script, info would be appreciated smile.gif Otherwise I'll have a good look tomorrow.

--------------------
plz seed ♥
translated works | +karma

PM me if you need credits/GP to download a raw for TL/editing
or if you want help with tagging, renaming, expunging, etc.

Down all the following tags: (List generated Thu, 07 Jul 2022 11:25:05 UTC, 1143 galleries to go)
+Quote Post

post Feb 23 2021, 09:41
Post #51
gijea

Casual Poster
Group: Members
Level 316 (Dovahkiin)

QUOTE(nasu @ Feb 20 2021, 13:31) *

Just a quick note after trying to update it myself quickly, this script seems to be having some issues with local storage (where tags are stored) since e-hentai.org/tools.php was moved to repo.e-hentai.org/tools.php

If anyone has any idea how to update the script, info would be appreciated smile.gif Otherwise I'll have a good look tomorrow.

It seems the API the tool was using was changed, no amount of simple workarounds will work. The API calls will have to be updated. I've had a brief check but I don't know quite yet what could be causing it not to work.

--------------------
+Quote Post

post Feb 23 2021, 09:46
Post #52
nasu

さき★すかん
Level 381 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(gijea @ Feb 23 2021, 01:41) *

It seems the API the tool was using was changed, no amount of simple workarounds will work. The API calls will have to be updated. I've had a brief check but I don't know quite yet what could be causing it not to work.

API hasn't changed. I'll post a quick explanation of the current issues.
  • e-hentai.org/tools.php was moved to repo.e-hentai.org/tools.php for technical reasons
  • The userscript is bound to the old URL, but simply changing it in the code does not work
  • To make it work, there needs to be a link in the code to allow repo.e-hentai.org to read the local storage of e-hentai.org
There is already existing code within the script to allow for this which could be adapted (and from doing a little external reading it doesn't sound too out of the question) but I don't have the smarts to do it myself.

The only thing that can be fixed by simply changing the URLs to match the new tools.php location is the checking of tag posts.

--------------------
plz seed ♥

Down all the following tags: (List generated Thu, 07 Jul 2022 11:25:05 UTC, 1143 galleries to go)
+Quote Post

post Feb 24 2021, 01:13
Post #53
gijea

Casual Poster
Level 316 (Dovahkiin)

QUOTE(nasu @ Feb 22 2021, 20:46) *

API hasn't changed. I'll post a quick explanation of the current issues.
  • The userscript is bound to the old URL, but simply changing it in the code does not work
  • To make it work, there needs to be a link in the code to allow repo.e-hentai.org to read the local storage of e-hentai.org
There is already existing code within the script to allow for this which could be adapted (and from doing a little external reading it doesn't sound too out of the question) but I don't have the smarts to do it myself.

The only thing that can be fixed by simply changing the URLs to match the new tools.php location is the checking of tag posts.

The script no longer properly saves tags to local storage, which leads me to believe the API access has been changed. The function alterSendUpdateVote() will have to be updated.

--------------------
+Quote Post

post Feb 24 2021, 01:17
Post #54
nasu

さき★すかん
Level 381 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(gijea @ Feb 23 2021, 17:13) *

The script no longer properly saves tags to local storage, which leads me to believe the API access has been changed. The function alterSendUpdateVote() will have to be updated.

They are saving fine for me. Just upvoted some tags in a brand new gallery and they were saved.

--------------------
plz seed ♥

+Quote Post

post Feb 24 2021, 04:55
Post #55
gijea

Casual Poster
Level 316 (Dovahkiin)

QUOTE(nasu @ Feb 23 2021, 12:17) *

They are saving fine for me. Just upvoted some tags in a brand new gallery and they were saved.

Strange. No idea why my "updated"-ish version isn't saving tags.

--------------------
+Quote Post

post Feb 25 2021, 10:01
Post #56
nasu

さき★すかん
Level 381 (Godslayer)

update: best solution for now (until Superlatanium updates the script himself) was moving the checking buttons back onto the e-hentai.org domain.

I've uploaded a version of the script below which will bring the buttons (and re-check box) onto the http://ehentaihip.com/home.php page.

Attached Image

You can download the updated version of the script here:
Attached File  tagcheck_1.4.1.txt ( 58.71k ) Number of downloads: 895

Please let me know if there are any issues! smile.gif

This post has been edited by nasu: Feb 25 2021, 11:00

--------------------
plz seed ♥

+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
1 Members: k999k99

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th September 2022 - 17:50