Reply to this topicStart new topic
> [Script] Improved Control Panel, For your subscribed threads

post Dec 14 2016, 06:36
Post #1
Superlatanium

Dreaming of optimizing the system
Group: Gold Star Club
Level 500 (Godslayer)

Attached File  Improved_Control_Panel_2.2.2.user.js.txt ( 15.02k ) Number of downloads: 3492

If you're pretty active in the forum, you'll find this very handy.

The short version: automatically refreshes your control panel and gives you an audio alert when someone makes a new post to a subscribed thread, or when someone makes a new thread in one of the subforums you watch.

Attached Image

In other words, you don't have to constantly press Control-R.
  • Unread threads are highlighted. Clicking on thread links of subscribed threads will take you to the newest unread post via the very handy "&view=getnewpost" forum parameter. To remove the highlight without looking at the thread, just right click on the link.
  • By clicking the eye icon, you can quickly peek at the recent posts in a thread from within your control panel without opening a new browser tab/window. Example
  • Threads are now sorted by date, not by subforum.
  • Set your subforums by changing the myForums variable at the top of the script. (You'll only have to do this once, probably.) With the subforums you want Improved Control Panel to periodically check, put their subforum numbers into the list, separated by commas. (eg. the main link to General Chat is ...showforum=12, so to add General Chat you would put the number 12 into the list)
  • By default, your subscribed threads are re-checked every 5 minutes, and your subforums are re-checked every hour. Updates stop after a bit more than an hour of inactivity. Updates will also stop if a subscribed thread gets highlighted (and the audio alert plays) but you don't respond before the next update. You can also manually start/stop updates using the button at the top.
  • Blue outline: updates active. Yellow outline: update has just been requested. (If it stays yellow for a long time, there's a problem; reload the page.) Red outline: updates disabled. The time of the last page update has also been moved to the top of the subscribed threads table.
  • Auction threads get too many posts; updates will continue whether they're clicked on or not, because odds are, you don't care. (or you might just unsubscribe from them)
If you want a different sound or color or something like that, customization would be really easy.

This post has been edited by Superlatanium: Jan 22 2017, 20:31

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Report PostGo to the top of the page
+Quote Post

post Dec 14 2016, 17:53
Post #2
blue penguin

in umbra, igitur, pugnabimus
Group: Global Mods
Level 500 (Godslayer)

Added to the index. Had not had the time to have a look at it, sorry.

On the other hand I've added a script requests thread. Since you're keen on making useful scripts for EH users you may like the script requests smile.gif
EDIT: request the request was completed in less than an hour!

This post has been edited by blue penguin: Dec 14 2016, 19:35

--------------------
QUOTE(blue penguin @ Jun 21 2021, 17:24)
For 10 years of my life I have refused to add if-else blocks in order to support internet explorer idiocy, am not going to start doing it now in order to support google chrome's idiocy. Sorry folks. As harsh as the advice sounds my advice will be: use a browser that follows IETF standards.
+Quote Post

post Dec 31 2016, 20:16
Post #3
FabulousCupcake

Casual Poster
Level 420 (Godslayer)

Found a bug; the text `Time is now: 1st January 2017 - 01:15` is placed at the wrong place if there's a pop-up of a new PM:

Screenshot:
[my.mixtape.moe] https://my.mixtape.moe/otlmve.png

This post has been edited by FabulousCupcake: Dec 31 2016, 20:16

--------------------
+Quote Post

post Jan 22 2017, 19:31
Post #4
Superlatanium

Dreaming of optimizing the system
Level 500 (Godslayer)

Fixed a couple minor issues including having to press the button twice to successfully start or stop.

Also fixed the date element identifier for those who get PM popups.

Attached File  Improved_Control_Panel_2.2.2.user.js.txt ( 15.02k ) Number of downloads: 3492

This post has been edited by Superlatanium: Jan 22 2017, 20:31

--------------------
+Quote Post

post Jan 22 2017, 20:18
Post #5
FabulousCupcake

Casual Poster
Level 420 (Godslayer)

I usually middle click to open links in a new tab in the background, and the script doesn't properly detect this (the links aren't marked as read).
An alternative would be to use Ctrl+Click or Cmd+Click, but sometimes I'm too lazy to use my other hand to hold the key modifier.

It took me several minutes to find a way to detect middle mouse button clicks over URLs.
For some reason click events never get triggered with middle mouse button click.
It does work with mouseup and mousedown though, fortunately.

Here's the slight adjustment I added to properly detect the middle mouse button click on the links:
CODE
a.onmouseup = function(e) { if (e.which === 2) read(a); };

This post has been edited by FabulousCupcake: Jan 22 2017, 20:20

--------------------
+Quote Post

post Feb 7 2019, 23:17
Post #6
xesxesgnik

Nyaruhodo
Level 493 (Godslayer)

Hello, thanks for the wonderful script. For some reason, the forums stay grey, i.e. marked as unread, even if I read it. It's marked as read once I click on it, but when I refresh or come back to it later, it's marked unread again.

--------------------
+Quote Post

post Today, 09:56
Post #7
dongmian

また一緒に、夢を見よう
Level 442 (Godslayer)

Hello, appreciate your work, but the script has some problem and maybe need some update. It keeps popping up replies that are already read. Today this script completely not working at all. Reinstall can't fix it.

--------------------
--------------------
EH搜索指南

message language accecpt in English, 简体中文,日本語; Vigilantor
--------------------------------------------------------------
Expunging Tracker | Renaming Tracker | Renaming 101
--------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
❤K+ | My uploads | BOUNTIES | [WTS] | [WTB] | | ? | Talk&wiki
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
1 Members: pyrob4xmas

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th October 2022 - 12:12