> Ask the Experts!, Ask anything about hentaiverse. Hints for beginners

post Nov 18 2017, 01:23
Post #1
Scremaz

A certain pervert. OT expert. Just dancing around in the game.
Group: Gold Star Club
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

Please find in the next posts some infos from guides, just to serve as a FAQ

2021-04-22: Advice for new players: Persistent or Isekai?

Currently, most experts seem to agree that it is the best strategy to start in Persistent hentaiverse first. It's possible to play in PFUDOR almost from the start. But you can also work your way up through the difficulties. Change your gear often, experiment with different styles, and use/slot your ability points and primary attribute points. Do the first run of any arena on lower difficulty, you don't want to die because then you won't unlock the next arena.

It could be an interesting strategy to first test the game in ISEKAI mode. In isekai, you could be able to collect a complete equipment set, soulfused, within a season. That will then be transferred to your normal 'persistent' HV at the end of the season. ISKEAI season runs 6 months, and starts in July and December every year. You can start at any moment though.

Disussion: isekai could be used to get decent starter gear in persistent, because in isekai you can get one or even two peerless equipments every season, you will get magnificents and a couple of legendary from the shrine, and you have max drop training and some hath perks active without cost. You need to wait up to 6 months before you get the gear in persistent, though. Most experts feel that that is too long.

This post has been edited by Noni: Apr 23 2021, 15:45

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Report PostGo to the top of the page
+Quote Post

948 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(40 - 59)

post Dec 27 2017, 21:19
Post #41
Ass Spanker

Professional Ass Spanker
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

QUOTE(mundomuñeca @ Dec 27 2017, 20:52) *

OK, thanks. Then I think I'll go for IA3. After that, in a still unfatomable future biggrin.gif , there will be a head-to-head match Soul Catcher vs. VV (but I already swing towards Catcher).

Thanks to all.

If you don't throw soul fragments away for stupid equipments (like I did on some Power Protection that I didn't even touch as I found a Slaughter piece shortly after that), Soul Catcher is kinda useless. I mean, if you play all RE, you can get 1k fragments in under 3 weeks. On the other hand, can you get good equipments, or the credits to afford such equipments, that fast? I recommend VV, or Token 1 if you can save some more.

--------------------
QUOTE *
helo my england not so good but i make translate anyway with ocr deepl from chinese to england please give to me comison donate to kofi thank

____ Weapons: Shield _ | Rapier: Light - Dark | _____ Staff
1H Slaughter: Head ___ | Body ___ | Hands ___ | Legs | Feet
_Frozen Mage: Head [2] | Body ___ | Hands ___ | Legs | Feet
=== === === === === === === === === === === === === === ===

*bork me karma* | MPC-HC foobar master race. Fite me. | # of Chaos Token to unlock slots

Orbital Friendship Cannon crits Viserion for 2232753 void damage
Battle Perks: Vigorous Vitality, Effluent Ether, Resplendent Regeneration, Eminent Elementalist, Evil Enchantress, Force of Nature, Enigma Energizer, Dæmon Duality III, Innate Arcana V
Misc Perks: Coupon Clipper, Extra Strength Formula, Crystarium V, Tokenizer III, Hoarder I, Long Gone Before Daylight, Postage Paid

+Quote Post

post Dec 27 2017, 22:53
Post #42
-vincento-

Work is for money, not for pride or respect
Level 492 (Godslayer)

I say VV is better, yet IA3 is pretty unnecessary. u trigger more channeling without IAs. Just put SS and SoL on IA2 is enough. VV is cheap compared to the others, and it does help at low-levels when u start to challenge IWBTH&PFD arenas.

Though I still too poor to get VV sad.gif . I'd rather spend on equips.

--------------------
+Quote Post

post Dec 27 2017, 23:09
Post #43
KitsuneAbby

Curse God of the Hentai Shrine
Group: Catgirl Camarilla
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

The day you'll be tired casting Protection all the damn time, you'll make up your mind regarding IA3.
Not to mention that having too many Channeling is more annoying than anything else. With my "low" interference and IA5 I still trigger just enough of them to renew my Regen and Heartseeker for more than 150/550 turns respectively, and that's all one really needs to do with Channeling.

--------------------
+Quote Post

post Dec 28 2017, 00:31
Post #44
chjj30

🦘跳海魔女🧙王世坚🌊
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

QUOTE(-vincento- @ Dec 27 2017, 22:53) *

I say VV is better, yet IA3 is pretty unnecessary. u trigger more channeling without IAs. Just put SS and SoL on IA2 is enough. VV is cheap compared to the others, and it does help at low-levels when u start to challenge IWBTH&PFD arenas.
Though I still too poor to get VV sad.gif . I'd rather spend on equips.

I agree. I got IA3 after 450.

--------------------
+Quote Post

post Dec 28 2017, 13:10
Post #45
nobig

Newcomer
Group: Members
Level 313 (Godslayer)

Hello, noob question here.

Does the game get easier or more difficult at higher levels? say from lvl 200 to 400, assuming you have soulbound exquisite equipment and 500 hath worth of perks.

And by difficult I mean the max difficulty level should you play at.
+Quote Post

post Dec 28 2017, 13:13
Post #46
lazyNPC

├┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴┤
Level 459 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(nobig @ Dec 28 2017, 06:10) *

Does the game get easier or more difficult at higher levels? say from lvl 200 to 400, assuming you have soulbound exquisite equipment and 500 hath worth of perks.

>Exquisite
>PFUDOR
You ain't gonna have a nice time.

--------------------
+Quote Post

post Dec 28 2017, 13:50
Post #47
Ass Spanker

Professional Ass Spanker
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

QUOTE(nobig @ Dec 28 2017, 13:10) *

Around 200 is the hardest period. You level up too fast for the equipments to keep up with, you start seeing the shitty Darksage monsters, you need more ability points than ever, you need better equipments at your level which are few and far between to start with and might cost a fortune if there's one, etc etc. After 350 everything is quite easy and it's more about collection and looking for other things to do, not about survival.

--------------------
QUOTE *
helo my england not so good but i make translate anyway with ocr deepl from chinese to england please give to me comison donate to kofi thank

____ Weapons: Shield _ | Rapier: Light - Dark | _____ Staff
1H Slaughter: Head ___ | Body ___ | Hands ___ | Legs | Feet
_Frozen Mage: Head [2] | Body ___ | Hands ___ | Legs | Feet
=== === === === === === === === === === === === === === ===

*bork me karma* | MPC-HC foobar master race. Fite me. | # of Chaos Token to unlock slots

Orbital Friendship Cannon crits Viserion for 2232753 void damage
Battle Perks: Vigorous Vitality, Effluent Ether, Resplendent Regeneration, Eminent Elementalist, Evil Enchantress, Force of Nature, Enigma Energizer, Dæmon Duality III, Innate Arcana V
Misc Perks: Coupon Clipper, Extra Strength Formula, Crystarium V, Tokenizer III, Hoarder I, Long Gone Before Daylight, Postage Paid

+Quote Post

post Dec 28 2017, 16:36
Post #48
Cryosite

Kind of a Big Deal
Level 416 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(nobig @ Dec 27 2017, 21:10) *

I found it surprisingly easy to raise difficulty setting while still in the really low levels. But as others point out, the difficulty of the game somewhat sharply rises in the 200-250 range and doesn't really ever go back down. What causes it to feel easier at around 350-400 is having purchased a bunch of legendary gear to fill all your slots. The biggest reason for the spike at 200-ish is that monsters start having access to spirit attacks, and will use those more often in higher difficulty settings. I regularly have to deal with 10-15k attacks from opponents. If you can't kill enough of them before they fill their spirit bars, and/or have super tanky defenses, you're going to see your HP go from full to empty in one shot a lot of times. Too often for Spark of Life to keep you alive.

The other issue is that of time. It's less about what you can beat, but how long it takes you to beat it. Lower difficulty settings mean less HP to dig through, and that lets you get to the end of arenas without spending all day every day on this game.

Do remember that your end of arena reward bonuses are not really reduced for playing on a lower difficulty. The raw exp and credits earned, as well as the quality of equipment-drops on average, go up with higher settings, but you will get your 1k credits for repeat clears of most of the higher dungeons no matter the setting, for example. You'll still get chaos and blood tokens. You'll still get the same trophies from SGs in the last round. So you won't actually reduce your credits earned by all that much for going to lower settings.

So, don't fall for the trap of setting the difficulty at max, just because end-game players only ever talk about the game in PFUDOR, and so on. Decide for yourself how long you actually want to spend playing the game, and don't feel like you have to do more on a higher difficulty setting. Play at what is most comfortable for you.

--------------------
My WTB. Help me find upgrades, please.
My WTS. Gimme credits.
+Quote Post

post Dec 28 2017, 17:42
Post #49
VawX

Active Poster
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

What spells should I get if I want to play 2H with Heavy armor mmm...~?
So far I use, Haste, Protection, Regen and Shadow Veil mmm...

And just asking, do you guys actually prefer to shrine your precursor artifacts or selling it mmm...~?
I mean Energy Drink is only around 100k and artifact around 22k, with 20% chance and other bonuses, shrining the artifact will net a lot more profit right mmm...~?

This post has been edited by VawX: Dec 28 2017, 17:55
+Quote Post

post Dec 28 2017, 18:17
Post #50
Scremaz

Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

QUOTE(VawX @ Dec 28 2017, 10:42) *

And just asking, do you guys actually prefer to shrine your precursor artifacts or selling it mmm...~?
I mean Energy Drink is only around 100k and artifact around 22k, with 20% chance and other bonuses, shrining the artifact will net a lot more profit right mmm...~?

if you note, artifact/ED price ratio is quite similar to the chance of dropping an ED to the shrine.
higherups tend to shrine, going for PABs as side rewards (and raising the chance to earn EDs in the meanwhile).
at lower levels, with little credits inside the wallet and with a low amount of PABs you may want to go for the granted 22k and let someone else to gamble, i guess.

--------------------
+Quote Post

post Dec 28 2017, 18:20
Post #51
lazyNPC

├┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴┤
Level 459 (Godslayer)

I personally Shrine Artifacts even if i'm quite poor, but that's because bonus attrubutes are comfy.
You lose out on money.

--------------------
+Quote Post

post Dec 28 2017, 18:23
Post #52
VawX

Active Poster
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

QUOTE(Scremaz @ Dec 28 2017, 17:17) *

higherups tend to shrine, going for PABs as side rewards (and raising the chance to earn EDs in the meanwhile).

Ah, does it mean that after you max the available PAB from shrine the chance to get other items become 1/4 instead of 1/5 mmm...~?
+Quote Post

post Dec 28 2017, 18:45
Post #53
Scremaz

Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

QUOTE(VawX @ Dec 28 2017, 11:23) *

Ah, does it mean that after you max the available PAB from shrine the chance to get other items become 1/4 instead of 1/5 mmm...~?

not exactly. check here: https://ehwiki.org/wiki/Shrine

this is the distribution after PABs have been maxed, which is 1:1:1:2

iirc at the beginning such ratio is esteemed to be 1:1:1:2:5 (with 5 being PABs)

so you can see if it's credits what you're after, PABs will eat a fair chunk of your revenue

--------------------
+Quote Post

post Dec 28 2017, 19:53
Post #54
VawX

Active Poster
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

QUOTE(Scremaz @ Dec 28 2017, 17:45) *

not exactly. check here: https://ehwiki.org/wiki/Shrine

this is the distribution after PABs have been maxed, which is 1:1:1:2

iirc at the beginning such ratio is esteemed to be 1:1:1:2:5 (with 5 being PABs)
so you can see if it's credits what you're after, PABs will eat a fair chunk of your revenue

Ah I see, that's a pretty neat mechanic mmm...

I guess I'll shrining my artifacts then, for some reason I already have lvl 4 Archeologist (I guess I level it up when the price was still cheap) mmm...
+Quote Post

post Dec 28 2017, 20:27
Post #55
-vincento-

Work is for money, not for pride or respect
Level 492 (Godslayer)

2H with light armor is better at ur lv, but it doesn't matter if u want to play on low difficult. don't forget spark of light and spirit shield once u start to challenge IWBTH+ difficulty. u should also have heartseeker

--------------------
+Quote Post

post Dec 28 2017, 20:46
Post #56
VawX

Active Poster
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

QUOTE(-vincento- @ Dec 28 2017, 19:27) *

2H with light armor is better at ur lv, but it doesn't matter if u want to play on low difficult. don't forget spark of light and spirit shield once u start to challenge IWBTH+ difficulty. u should also have heartseeker

Thanks for the input, I never really look into Spark of Light and Spirit Shield, maybe I'll research about it later mmm...
+Quote Post

post Dec 28 2017, 21:26
Post #57
KitsuneAbby

Curse God of the Hentai Shrine
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

QUOTE(gianfrix94 @ Dec 28 2017, 11:20) *

I personally Shrine Artifacts even if i'm quite poor, but that's because bonus attrubutes are comfy.
You lose out on money.

On the long run it's profitable, since you'll drop more EDs to sell.

--------------------
+Quote Post

post Dec 28 2017, 23:25
Post #58
Piscolabis

Casual Poster
Level 499 (Dovahkiin)

QUOTE(decondelite @ Dec 28 2017, 14:26) *

On the long run it's profitable, since you'll drop more EDs to sell.

Selling the artifacts will net you more credits than the EDs though.

The good thing about shrining are those extra PAB points but when you get to near the PAB cap this advantage is gone.
+Quote Post

post Dec 28 2017, 23:57
Post #59
mundomuñeca

Lo Scimmiotto
Level 432 (Dovahkiin)

QUOTE(Piscolabis @ Dec 28 2017, 18:25) *

Selling the artifacts will net you more credits than the EDs though.

The good thing about shrining are those extra PAB points but when you get to near the PAB cap this advantage is gone.

And the PAB bonus cap is tied to the player lelvel, per Wiki, so it's practically not existing at lvl 0-50, but even at 200 is something but not much (and you still need to have a very good luck or a lot of artifacts, because even if you get one it could be the wrong/useless PAB ! dry.gif )

--------------------
Hath Perks ::
Postage Paid • IA I • IA II • Ads-Be-Gone • IA III • Silver ҉ • Extra Strength Formula • Vigorous Vitality • Soul Catcher • Enigma Energizer • IA IV • Tokenizer I • Effluent Ether •
Resplendent Regeneration • Dæmon Duality I • IA V • Evil Enchantress • Eminent Elementalist • Force of Nature • Dark Descent • Thinking Cap • Tokenizer II • Hoarder I •

τὰ ὄντα ἰέναι τε πάντα καὶ μένειν οὐδέν
Qui legent hosce versus mature censunto;
vulgus inscius et impius ne attrectato!
omnesque astrologi, blenni, barbari procul sunto:
qui aliter facit, his rite, sacer esto !
Πόλεμος πάντων μὲν πατήρ ἐστι, πάντων δὲ βασιλεύς, καὶ τοὺς μὲν θεοὺς ἔδειξε τοὺς δὲ ἀνθρώπους, τοὺς μὲν δούλους ἐποίησε τοὺς δὲ ἐλευθέρους.

The young man is also an idealist. He has yet to find out that what's in the public interest is not what the public is interested in.
+Quote Post

post Dec 29 2017, 00:00
Post #60
lazyNPC

├┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴┤
Level 459 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(mundomuñeca @ Dec 28 2017, 16:57) *

And the PAB bonus cap is tied to the player lelvel, per Wiki, so it's practically not existing at lvl 0-50, but even at 200 is something but not much (and you still need to have a very good luck or a lot of artifacts, because even if you get one it could be the wrong/useless PAB ! dry.gif )

You'll just need to raise every stat by shrining a damn lot of Artifacts.
Even at level 50 for getting those 30 extra stats you'll need a lot of artifacts.

--------------------
+Quote Post

948 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
1 Members: k999k99

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th September 2022 - 17:51