2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Uploader threats to author, Author told to change the story or the uploader will keep pestering them

post Jun 25 2024, 00:21
Post #1
Square Peg

Newcomer
Group: Members
Level 254 (Ascended)

Context:

author AnyaArt is posting an ongoing gallery here http://ehentaihip.com/g/2962822/73e86747d1/
this gallery lags about 10 pages behind what is published on Patreon

an uploader is deliberately posting all contents from author's Patreon here http://ehentaihip.com/g/2963361/0cbe134e40/
this may be okay under e-hentai rules (that's not the issue I wish to discuss here)

The uploader has posted the following text in their uploader comment (emphasis mine):

*Grabs intercom*

There have been too many dickgirls. Too much dick. None here are without a penis. But I have an honorable compromise. Just turn him into a girl. Get rid of the dick, the balls, the scrotum, and the whole package, and I'll stop posting your comic. Just turn him into a girl. I will give you safe passage through E-Hentai. Just turn him into a girl and there will be an end to the horror.

*Starts up vehicle*

I await your answer. You have a full day to decide.

*Drives away*

They are basically ordering the author to change their story or they will keep being a nuisance to the author.

Is such behavior okay on this site?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

post Jun 25 2024, 00:25
Post #2
Mags_

Reclaimer of my name
Group: Gold Star Club
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

I needed this laugh today.

--------------------
QUOTE(FourThirteen @ Oct 10 2012, 12:51) *
Some users are under the mistaken apprehension that any form of cruelty or insults count as Trolling, and those users generally need to fuck off and die.
QUOTE(dixi normous @ Dec 4 2020, 03:51) *
You are AIDS in a cape.
+Quote Post

post Jun 25 2024, 00:37
Post #3
Necromusume

Group: Catgirl Camarilla
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

The're quoting The Humungus from Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior.
There has been too much violence. Too much pain. None here are without sin. But I have an honorable compromise. Just walk away. Give me your pump, the oil, the gasoline, and the whole compound, and I'll spare your lives. Just walk away. I will give you safe passage in the wasteland. Just walk away and there will be an end to the horror.

I think it's a joke...

--------------------
H̶̞̒a̸̬͌ī̶͇l̴̡̑ ̸̳́P̸̢̊h̴̪͒y̵̼̔r̶͋͜ȅ̵̫x̵̨̽i̴̗͘a̵̟͊
+Quote Post

post Jun 25 2024, 01:08
Post #4
Square Peg

Newcomer
Level 254 (Ascended)

Alright, I missed the joke, got it now.

However, there's still the question of an uploader who is knowingly going against an author who is otherwise reasonably sharing their work with the site and engaging with its commenters.

Is such antagonistic behavior welcome here?

+Quote Post

post Jun 25 2024, 01:20
Post #5
meow_pao

It's Always Tea-Time
Group: Global Mods
Level 453 (Godslayer)

If the artist is uploading the same work to the site, they can have similar galleries uploaded by others replaced.

I'm an artist / translator, can I post my content if it was already posted?
As a content creator you have uploader priority and are free to replace anyone else's upload of your content at any time.

https://ehwiki.org/wiki/E-Hentai_Galleries_FAQ#Uploading

QUOTE(Square Peg @ Jun 25 2024, 07:08) *

However, there's still the question of an uploader who is knowingly going against an author who is otherwise reasonably sharing their work with the site and engaging with its commenters.

Comments are allowed as long as they aren't breaking the rules.

https://ehwiki.org/wiki/Gallery_Commenting#...of_Bad_Comments
+Quote Post

post Jun 25 2024, 01:56
Post #6
NymphoAndrea

Lurker
Group: Recruits

Jehaknaboom has been harassing (and now blackmailing) AnyaArt1 for months. He is the one that made false accusations about drawn art being Ai generated. He has also maliciously changed the titles of other comics and went off on bigoted rants. [imgur.com] https://imgur.com/a/zg8RGLB

This post has been edited by NymphoAndrea: Jun 25 2024, 01:56
+Quote Post

post Jun 25 2024, 02:05
Post #7
meow_pao

It's Always Tea-Time
Level 453 (Godslayer)

Use these threads for those reports. Read the instructions on the first posts to make sure the reports qualify.

/index.php?showtopic=247567
/index.php?showtopic=271854
+Quote Post

post Jun 25 2024, 06:25
Post #8
NymphoAndrea

Lurker

QUOTE(Necromusume @ Jun 24 2024, 18:37) *

I think it's a joke...

It is not a joke. It is harassment and blackmail.

Attached Image

This post has been edited by NymphoAndrea: Jun 25 2024, 06:26
+Quote Post

post Jun 25 2024, 06:47
Post #9
Mags_

Reclaimer of my name
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

The author can take control of the situation if they choose.

I also don't see how this is blackmail.

Attached Image

The uploader is trolling and you are feeding him.

https://ehwiki.org/wiki/Reporting#Copyright_Infringement

--------------------
Some users are under the mistaken apprehension that any form of cruelty or insults count as Trolling, and those users generally need to fuck off and die.
You are AIDS in a cape.
+Quote Post

post Jun 25 2024, 09:40
Post #10
Square Peg

Newcomer
Level 254 (Ascended)

After re-reading the wiki, I still do not understand why the above expunge petition was rejected.

As per Uploader Priority, the original artist should be considered the superior version.
The offending gallery having been posted after the original artist posted, should be considered Already Uploaded.

What did I miss?
+Quote Post

post Jun 25 2024, 09:51
Post #11
Necromusume

Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

https://ehwiki.org/wiki/Expunging#Superior_Versions

More core content trumps uploader priority. Uploader priority breaks the tie if the galleries are exact duplicates.

--------------------
+Quote Post

post Jun 25 2024, 12:27
Post #12
Square Peg

Newcomer
Level 254 (Ascended)

Then I don't understand "Priority 1-2 galleries can only be replaced if the new gallery is from the same user" under the Uploader Priority table, which seems to mean that if even someone else comes with a more complete gallery, it cannot replace the original author gallery.
+Quote Post

post Jun 25 2024, 12:43
Post #13
Shank

Roll for Initiative
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

If the artist wants the galleries removed, he is free to file a dmca report https://ehwiki.org/wiki/Reporting#Copyright_Infringement

--------------------
Tagging Cleanup Contest #12
HV Quest & Activities Board
QUOTE(Kagoraphobia @ Apr 1 2024, 10:06) *
This is an authoritarian dictatorship
QUOTE(Kagoraphobia @ Aug 13 2024, 00:02) *
Democracy has spoken.
+Quote Post

post Jun 25 2024, 13:24
Post #14
peterson123

Veteran Poster
Level 500 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(Square Peg @ Jun 25 2024, 10:27) *
Then I don't understand "Priority 1-2 galleries can only be replaced if the new gallery is from the same user" under the Uploader Priority table, which seems to mean that if even someone else comes with a more complete gallery, it cannot replace the original author gallery.

That is correct. But it only means that the artist's gallery (priority 1) cannot be expunged for having been replaced by another user. However, that does not mean that more complete galleries can be expunged, even if they have been uploaded by someone other than the artist.

In other words, both the artist's less complete version and the other user's more complete version can co-exist. The former is protected by the priority rule you quoted, the latter is protected by being a superior version.
+Quote Post

post Jun 25 2024, 15:43
Post #15
NymphoAndrea

Lurker

QUOTE(Mags_ @ Jun 25 2024, 00:47) *

The author can take control of the situation if they choose.

I also don't see how this is blackmail.

The uploader is trolling and you are feeding him.

1. I'm not sure if the author has ever even been into the forums. Most users don't visit. I never felt the need to visit until this flagrant rule violation (harassment) went too far and I decided that I needed to help do something about it. I would be much happier not having to post here.

2. The comment left by Jehaknaboom is pure blackmail. You need to look at his comment history and judge him for his overall behavior. The artist/uploader (AnyaArt1) has confirmed that it is an attempt to blackmail her into changing her story plans. It is clear as can be. Don't be distracted by the fact that he ripped off a movie quote and repurposed it for his harassment. Don't be played like that.

3. You admit that he is a troll and yet you still defend him? What do have against AnyaArt1 or myself or any of the other users who are offended? I've never done anything to you. Maybe you are a free speech purist, which is great, but when a troll takes advantage of your tolerance and spews harassment and hatred towards others, it's you that is feeding/enabling him.

This is the person that you are defending and protecting.
Attached Image
http://ehentaihip.com/g/2898558/071ecffac1/

QUOTE(Shank @ Jun 25 2024, 06:43) *

If the artist wants the galleries removed, he is free to file a dmca report https://ehwiki.org/wiki/Reporting#Copyright_Infringement

She is a full time artist. I don't know that she is aware of the hidden rules on e-Hentai. As far as I can tell, she has never used the forums. Would you mind being a hero and helping her out? http://ehentaihip.com/uploader/AnyaArt1

This post has been edited by NymphoAndrea: Jun 25 2024, 16:08
+Quote Post

post Jun 25 2024, 15:50
Post #16
Shank

Roll for Initiative
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

It can only be filed by the copyright holder so I'd not be able to do it on behalf of the artist. The form is self-explanatory, they need to click report gallery, copyright infringement, then fill in all of the required fields. They are processed manually so they would need to be patient for it to be actioned.

Alternatively, they can request to be put on the do not post list /index.php?showtopic=19797 .

Re comments, if it's an uploader comment, it can only be changed by the uploader or administration, so if it is malicious or something, then you or they would need to poke at Tenboro. Please be patient for a response.

This post has been edited by Shank: Jun 25 2024, 15:53

--------------------
Tagging Cleanup Contest #12
HV Quest & Activities Board
QUOTE(Kagoraphobia @ Apr 1 2024, 10:06) *
This is an authoritarian dictatorship
QUOTE(Kagoraphobia @ Aug 13 2024, 00:02) *
Democracy has spoken.
+Quote Post

post Jun 25 2024, 16:51
Post #17
Lady_Slayer

Member of the Bal'masqué
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

QUOTE(Square Peg @ Jun 25 2024, 18:27) *

that means more complete/better in quality gallery stays, and we let artist's own copy stays, and we kick off other people's inferior stuffs.

don't blindly start or vote for an expunge petition only because the copyright holder uploaded something.

--------------------
中文wiki主页 | Wiki Talk

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You may chat with me in these languages: Mandarin, English, Japanese
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+Quote Post

post Jun 26 2024, 02:12
Post #18
Mags_

Reclaimer of my name
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

QUOTE(NymphoAndrea @ Jun 25 2024, 23:43) *

Okay.....

I am not defending that person.

I am attempting to point out that the artist can DMCA this shit into the rubbish bin.

If you or the artist have no interest in posting here how do you think you're going to deal with an uploader on this site who is obviously going out of their way to aggravate you?

This isn't primary school.

If you aren't willing to deal with this using the information provided to you by users of this site please shut up about it.

--------------------
You are AIDS in a cape.
+Quote Post

post Jun 26 2024, 02:42
Post #19
NymphoAndrea

Lurker

QUOTE(Mags_ @ Jun 25 2024, 20:12) *

If you aren't willing to deal with this using the information provided to you by users of this site please shut up about it.

I'm a user of this site. So are the people being harassed and offended. I guess you just either don't care about us or you are afraid Jehaknaboom. I understand not wanting to be seen as "strict authoritarians", but this is flagrantly violating the rules and by not taking action nor condemning the bad behavior, it makes our community look complicit. If you don't want to be associated with him, you should be speaking out. Not trying to silence me and others from speaking freely. It's kind of hypocritical to say that a abusive/bigoted/racist troll has a right of free speech but I don't have the right of free speech to complain about it.

This is getting shared across other sites. Do you want artists to start banding together and boycotting e-Hentai because of one bad apple? Is that worth it to protect a man who is a loud and proud bigot against minorities? A man who harasses fellow users of our community. At the very least, would you agree with me that you would rather not be talking about him and arguing right now? I would be very happy to shut up and return to lurking in the shadows. Help me, help you.
+Quote Post

post Jun 26 2024, 03:08
Post #20
Necromusume

Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

We've had similar threads before, and it ended with,
QUOTE(Tenboro @ Oct 5 2023, 08:08) *
There are things you are allowed to say, but shouldn't because it adds literally nothing and you only come off as a massive transphobic asshole. This is one of those things.

/thread

So unless the rules change, it isn't necessarily against the rules.

Typically artists don't DMCA because they don't want to give their real-life information, and so life just goes on.

--------------------
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
1 Members: Project8803

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th October 2024 - 11:16