> Tag Check, a userscript for taggers (Updated Nov 2019), Improve your accuracy, log your downvotes, and more!

post Jan 23 2016, 03:34
Post #1
Superlatanium

Dreaming of optimizing the system
Group: Gold Star Club
Level 500 (Godslayer)

Tag Check 1.4.0 (2019-11-9)

For us taggers, before now, there was no way for us to figure out which tags we're getting wrong. Although we can see our taglist to check overall accuracy, that doesn't give any useful information about what we need to look out for or where we need to be more vigilant. Given the total lack of feedback on one's performance at anything specific, it's daunting, especially for those getting started and having a hard time figuring out what they should be doing differently, if anything. Lurking the vigilante threads for a few months is one way to figure out all the nuances (of which there are quite a few), but that's time consuming and requires more patience than most have. Even knowing everything, it's still quite possible to make ordinary mistakes, which we'll never know about unless we see someone post it in the "Tagging and its abuse" thread (or unless we get a PM from Binglo or Joe). I've seen quite a few posts asking for something to make things easier.

Another related issue: it's pretty common for people to post big lists of tags to be downvoted in that thread. They must:
(1) when downvoting, manually save the gallery links in a text file over a couple weeks
(2) when it's time to post, go through each gallery again to see which bad tags are still there
(3) post
(4) go through the entire list every couple hours afterwards so the finished galleries can be struckthrough

To solve both of these horribly tedious issues, after talking with Tenboro, I've written a userscript to save one's upped and downed tags. One can press a button and identify which upvoted tags have been killed, and which downvoted tags still exist. It will help us tag more accurately as well as draw our attention to galleries that need to be posted in the Abuse thread for tag killing or upping (or to create discussion and help get everyone on the same page). Tags are saved in your browser's Local Storage, and server communication is done through the E-Hentai API; retrieving tags, thumbnails, the current gallery category, etc.

Attached File  Tag_Check_1.4.0.user.js.txt ( 57.15k ) Number of downloads: 3495

---
mod edit:
the above download no longer functions correctly in the new gallery system. for an updated script, please visit this post in the thread:
/index.php?s=&am...t&p=5866431
---

Full screenshot example, after a bit of upvoting, downvoting, and reclassing:
Attached Image

The basics:
  • Go to your taglist page and press "Check Tags" to check which tags you've voted for have been downvoted (Taglist page: http://ehentaihip.com/tools.php?act=taglist&uid=YourUserId ; mine is 1647739 so I go here )
  • Upvoted tags are checked after 2 weeks (so you'll have to be a little patient to get results)
  • After downvoting tags, you can make a comment on the gallery in the box that appears explaining why, or to remind yourself. Then, while tag checking, the galleries that still have those downvoted tags visible will be listed, and you'll be able to paste them and your comment directly into the Tagging and its abuse thread to get help. Example:
    Attached Image
    (If you want to hide the comment box and never make comments, you can change makeComments at the top of the script from "true" to "false")
  • You can also vote on reclasses, and after a couple weeks, the reclasses that haven't become dominant yet will be put into a similar table, and you'll get a block of text ready to be posted to the The Rename/Reclass thread
  • In the UI, press "Dismiss" or "OK" to remove that tag or row from your localStorage and keep it from appearing in that table again
  • Press "Recheck Tag Post" for Tag Check to analyze a forum post of links and tags to kill (example) and strikethrough all galleries whose tags have been successfully removed. This way you can edit your posts without deleting finished galleries.
    (note that gallery links preceded by comments (eg. "All parody and character tags") instead of literal comma-separated tags will still have to be done by hand)
    Example screenshot:
    Attached Image
Important things to note:
  • Galleries are checked (for all your tags, upped and downed): if you have downvoted a tag and it still existed in the gallery last time you checked, or if your last tagging timestamp on the gallery was more than 14 days ago. (So, a list of tags to remove will be displayed immediately, but for everything else, we need to wait a a couple weeks to give everyone else a chance to vote on it first.)
  • After UI creation, the gallery is removed from localStorage if the last tagging timestamp was more than 14 days ago, and the gallery isn't displayed on any of the three tables. This is enough time to see results while not overloading the API or your file system. (So, generally no more than ~2500 galleries will be saved at any one time, even for the most enthusiastic of taggers)
Less important things to note:
  • If your comment includes "all * tags" (case insensitive) anywhere, your comment will be printed to the forum text instead of your list of tags. (eg. "all female tags")
  • Upped and downed tags are recorded when you vote in the gallery - they're not taken from your taglist - so there's no limit on the number of saved tags, or a frequency with which you need to visit your taglist to keep all voted tags recorded.
  • Galleries in the tables with a darker background than the rest is an indicator that it is expunged (but non-visible internally replaced galleries can't be distinguished yet)
  • The forum text fields are generated as a result of the gallery list and comments. So to make changes before you're ready to leave Tag Check, alter the table and comments, not the text field.
  • For misc: tags you upvote that disappear, if they aren't one of the common possible misc: tags, they may have been recently grouped or slaved rather than downvoted. The table makes a note of this when that happens.
  • "Recheck Tag Post" processes posts generated by Tag Check (with the exception of links preceded by comments instead of tags), but may not work with posts formatted differently. Non-misc namespaces must be included (eg "f:huge breasts" or "F:huge breasts" or "female:huge breasts", and not just "huge breasts"), and comma-separated tags must be listed directly above the line(s) with the gallery links. (The misc: namespace is optional)
This script works on Firefox (via Greasemonkey) and Chrome (via Tampermonkey). Haven't used userscripts before? Try them, they're wonderful for UI improvements and many other things. (To load a script, after installing Greasemonkey or Tampermonkey, go to GM's "New User Script" button, or TM's "Add a new script" button", and paste in the code)

Possible future fixes:
  • The API doesn't show any tags under 10 power, so sometimes tags won't be killed off completely
  • The API doesn't distinguish between internally replaced galleries and visible galleries

1.4.0: Made script compatible with new gallery layout

1.3.2: Fixed an issue when someone with checkDotted set to false wouldn't be able to Recheck Tag Post.
Attached File  Tag_Check_1.3.2.user.js.txt ( 58.44k ) Number of downloads: 2203

1.3.1: Made the script compatible with the [g.e] https://g.e format. If you want to copy over your saved tags, you should download this soon, because Tenboro has hinted that g.e- will be going away entirely in the very near future.
To transfer tags from g.e- domain to [e-h] https://e-h domain, set "migrate" to true at the top of the script and follow the instructions. (It's a simple copy and paste job)
A number of other things were changed too. Jquery was completely removed, it's all native JS now. The parse recheck function was completely reworked to work on low power tags. If you want to downvote a tag in a gallery but not save the downvoted tag for checking later, you can now click the "Don't save downed" button.

1.2.3: Forgot to remove an alert that was coming up on finding a downvoted tag (it was there for debugging)

1.2.2: Added an option to ignore group:, artist:, and unofficial misc: tags, so the removed list doesn't get too long to handle

1.2.1:
Completed galleries are now moved to the bottom of the tag post rather than just being crossed out - for easier navigation
Added an option to check for downvoted tags under 10 power (which are not returned by the API)
Fixed some formatting issues when creating a forum post
Downvotes on blocked/slaved tags are no longer saved

1.1.4: Fixed a problem with the progress button when only one API request is being sent
1.1.3: Fixed a problem where downvotes right after installation weren't being saved due to localStorage.savedTags not existing. Also fixed a couple of display oddities involving the gallery thumbnail.
1.1.2: Fixed an unsafeWindow compatibility problem with Chrome.
1.1.1: Initial release

If you tag frequently, please try it, tell me what you think. Feedback/bug reports/feature requests welcome. Try upvoting a couple tags, downvoting a few tags, and then pressing Check Tags to see how it works.

This post has been edited by nasu: Nov 18 2021, 20:38
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Report PostGo to the top of the page
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 19)

post Jan 23 2016, 04:03
Post #2
scooter1171

Looking for the planet Iscandar
Group: Members
Level 346 (Lord)

Firefox is telling me that the userscript is corrupt.

--------------------
My tag stats

Favorite authors: Saigaido, TsuysTsuya, Kitazato Naoki, Hara Shigeyuki, Umino Sachi, Hoshino Ryuichi
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

post Jan 23 2016, 04:11
Post #3
Superlatanium

Level 500 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(scooter1171 @ Jan 22 2016, 20:03) *
Firefox is telling me that the userscript is corrupt.
You're probably trying to drag-and-drop the .txt file onto GM. Drag-and-drop works for .user.js files, but not .txt files (which aren't recognized as userscripts).

The forum doesn't allow .js file uploads, so just like for .txt HV scripts, you have to open the (plain text) attachment link, copy everything, go to New User Script, and Use Script from Clipboard. It can't be dropped directly into GM.
QUOTE(Superlatanium @ Jan 22 2016, 19:34) *
(To load a script, after installing Greasemonkey or Tampermonkey, go to GM's "New User Script" button, or TM's "Add a new script" button", and paste in the code)

This post has been edited by Superlatanium: Jan 23 2016, 04:16

--------------------
+Quote Post

post Jan 23 2016, 06:05
Post #4
Binglo

Y'all got anymore of them tags?
Group: Global Mods
Level 455 (Godslayer)

I'm currently tired, so I'm very likely missing something here but I'm not following how it tracks tags that has been bumped off the list?
If I tag 1000 tags a day, I'd need to run the script once a day, right?

Nonetheless, great work.

--------------------
Treat others like you want to be treated.

Want to suggest a new tag? Read this.

post Jan 23 2016, 06:11
Post #5
Superlatanium

Level 500 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(Binglo @ Jan 22 2016, 22:05) *
I'm currently tired, so I'm very likely missing something here but I'm not following how it tracks tags that has been bumped off the list?
If I tag 1000 tags a day, I'd need to run the script once a day, right?

Nonetheless, great work.
The tags are saved whenever you vote on a gallery. Otherwise those who tag a lot, or those who simply don't compulsively visit their tag page, would often have big chunks of unrecorded tags. So thankfully there's no 1000-tag limit. Someone could even forget about it for a couple months and come back, and everything they tagged in the meantime would be ready to be sent to the API.

This post has been edited by Superlatanium: Jan 25 2016, 16:28

--------------------
+Quote Post

post Jan 26 2016, 02:52
Post #6
EnTriel

Casual Poster
Level 246 (Godslayer)

I'd like to thank you, for sharing it with us. It will probably become very handy on the following days.

I did not immediately understand how to use it, it seems easy enough, but as I'm very tired right now, I'm not up to the challenge just yet.

Weekend will be a good time to start to use it smile.gif.

--------------------

+Quote Post

post Jan 30 2016, 10:35
Post #7
Freedomno1

Casual Poster
Level 330 (Godslayer)

This looks like a very useful tool to work on tagging especially if you tag a lot to lookup errors as at times you just don't know which ones you missed.
Thanks for sharing and i'll have to try it later a quick question can it separate or append ex tags if galleries are flagged with S/L tags?
+Quote Post

post Jan 30 2016, 11:28
Post #8
Superlatanium

Level 500 (Godslayer)

If you go to a site with an interface where you can tag E-H tags, all of those tags will be recorded in that site's localStorage. (Tags will be recorded no matter what. But to instruct Tag Check to combine all tags when you do a check, you'll need to set that first variable in the script to true instead of the default false, as noted at the top of the script.)

--------------------
+Quote Post

post Jan 31 2016, 21:31
Post #9
Binglo

Level 455 (Godslayer)

Topic pinned.

--------------------

post Feb 11 2016, 08:04
Post #10
soliloquy

hi
Group: Catgirl Camarilla
Level 419 (Godslayer)

Hrm, after hitting check tags, I get this in my console.

VM420:375 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'gidlist' of undefinedbuildRequestsFromSavedTags @ VM420:375check.onclick @ VM420:109

--------------------
+Quote Post

post Feb 11 2016, 08:24
Post #11
Superlatanium

Level 500 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(soliloquy @ Feb 11 2016, 00:04) *
Hrm, after hitting check tags, I get this in my console.

VM420:375 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'gidlist' of undefinedbuildRequestsFromSavedTags @ VM420:375check.onclick @ VM420:109
Thanks, fixed. The progress listed on the button wasn't properly checking for if there was only one API request to send (in which case checking the length of requests[length - 1] resulted in an error).

This post has been edited by Superlatanium: Feb 11 2016, 08:28

--------------------
+Quote Post

post Feb 22 2016, 22:44
Post #12
TheGreyPanther

Prowler
Level 500 (Godslayer)

Again thank you for your great script!

The list created contains removed galleries.
Would be great if that could be avoided.

It would be useful to see which tags that you have down voted that are slave tags.

I just noticed a bigger problem.
Downvoting slaved tags gets listed as a downvote on the master which is of course the opposite of what you want.
The problem doesn't seem to occur everytime. I think the differentiating factor might be when the tag was slaved, before or after you downvoted it?

Thank you!

This post has been edited by TheGreyPanther: Feb 22 2016, 23:01

--------------------
QUOTE(Maximum_Joe) *
If being stupid and annoying was ban-worthy this place would be pretty empty.
RIP Joe

My Equipment Peerless Demonic Rapier of Slaughter - Legendary Ethereal Rapier of Slaughter Avatar courtesy of the Evil Scorpio
+Quote Post

post Feb 24 2016, 19:25
Post #13
Superlatanium

Level 500 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(TheGreyPanther @ Feb 22 2016, 14:44) *
The list created contains removed galleries.
Would be great if that could be avoided.
For internally replaced galleries, unfortunately, given the information returned by the API, there's not much that can be done about it:

http://ehentaihip.com/g/716863/4f055bc181/ (Replaced)
CODE
{"gmetadata":[{"gid":716863,"token":"4f055bc181","archiver_key":"404531--3e1bb9bd904fdc721da10e1c35c63e110f54cce1","title":"[Da_Goddamn_BatGuy] Ask Prof. Cleo [Ongoing]","title_jpn":"","category":"Western","thumb":"http:\/\/gt2.ehgt.org\/64\/55\/645521efa2bc71695b1978a8a2db5aefeaea767f-159863-500-445-png_l.jpg","uploader":"Maximum_Joe","posted":"1404794028","filecount":"122","filesize":65438788,"expunged":false,"rating":"1.03","torrentcount":"0","tags":["language:english","parody:my little pony friendship is magic","artist:da goddamn batguy","male:furry","female:furry","female:snake girl","female:glasses","female:pregnant","female:birth"]}]}

http://ehentaihip.com/g/723426/c20afb039a/ (Visible)
CODE
{"gmetadata":[{"gid":723426,"token":"c20afb039a","archiver_key":"404531--c5e73bf3a6b0a7781bdaa06694eec494df697003","title":"[Da_Goddamn_BatGuy] Ask Prof. Cleo","title_jpn":"","category":"Western","thumb":"http:\/\/gt2.ehgt.org\/64\/55\/645521efa2bc71695b1978a8a2db5aefeaea767f-159863-500-445-png_l.jpg","uploader":"Maximum_Joe","posted":"1406563205","filecount":"123","filesize":66504781,"expunged":false,"rating":"1.03","torrentcount":"0","tags":["language:english","parody:my little pony friendship is magic","artist:da goddamn batguy","male:furry","female:furry","female:snake girl","female:glasses","female:pregnant","female:birth"]}]}
Same thing, and the older version says "expunged":false.

Galleries that become nonvisible for any other reason (standard expunge) will be indicated with a darker background. See the screenshot in the first post, with gallery name that starts with "Senpai, Oppai, ..." - that's what it'll look like, so you can check it out and see if it was replaced or something, or you can just delete it from the list with Dismiss.
QUOTE(TheGreyPanther @ Feb 22 2016, 14:44) *
It would be useful to see which tags that you have down voted that are slave tags.

I just noticed a bigger problem.
Downvoting slaved tags gets listed as a downvote on the master which is of course the opposite of what you want.
The problem doesn't seem to occur everytime. I think the differentiating factor might be when the tag was slaved, before or after you downvoted it?
Rinnosuke had a good suggestion to simply ignore all blocked/slaved tags, which people downvote on sight anyway, and if really necessary to be killed can be posted with a single link rather than 20 or 30:
http://ehentaihip.com/tag/774
So downvoted blocked/slaved tags are now just ignored completely, which also solves the second issue (I think?). Think that's a good solution?

1.2.1:
Completed galleries are now moved to the bottom of the tag post rather than just being crossed out - for easier navigation.
Added an option to check for downvoted tags under 10 power (which are not returned by the API)
Fixed some formatting issues when creating a forum post
Downvotes on blocked/slaved tags are no longer saved
[attachmentid=80911]

--------------------
+Quote Post

post Mar 5 2016, 07:13
Post #14
TheGreyPanther

Prowler
Level 500 (Godslayer)

Thank you Superlatanium!

It still listed some slaved tags when I tried again but perhaps they are left over from when I was running the old version.

Replaced galleries are of course a problem but if the api don't have that information...

Just a tiny feature suggestion. The ability to remove galleries from the list by comparing it to another list.
This is to avoid posting kills others have already listed and to help the people who gets Binglo's death list to not make it public.

--------------------
QUOTE(Maximum_Joe) *
If being stupid and annoying was ban-worthy this place would be pretty empty.
RIP Joe

My Equipment Peerless Demonic Rapier of Slaughter - Legendary Ethereal Rapier of Slaughter Avatar courtesy of the Evil Scorpio
+Quote Post

post Mar 5 2016, 09:43
Post #15
Superlatanium

Level 500 (Godslayer)

Yeah, what was changed was, the old version saved the tag regardless (on gallery vote), and the new version checks to see if the tag is blocked (on gallery vote) and saves the tag if it's not blocked. So new votes on blocked tags won't be added, but old votes that are already in the database won't go away (until the tags get killed, or until you remove them from the list with the button). Just Dismiss them manually, it's only a one time thing.

If private kill lists exist, it would be quite simple to exclude their galleries, but the list would have to be created by Tag Check for it to be predictably parsed accurately. I like being able to post all the leftovers that were previously posted (and verified for being bad tags) but haven't been killed, otherwise they're liable to be forgotten - but if you want to exclude a post, that's easy to add in.

--------------------
+Quote Post

post Mar 13 2016, 17:06
Post #16
Binglo

Level 455 (Godslayer)

You should post the version number in the thread name, that way one can easily see if the script has been updated. Keep up the great work.

--------------------

post Mar 13 2016, 17:16
Post #17
Superlatanium

Level 500 (Godslayer)

Good idea. Those who use it will already be prompted if there's an important update, but this will help too.

--------------------
+Quote Post

post Oct 2 2016, 02:15
Post #18
Superlatanium

Level 500 (Godslayer)

Added an option to ignore group:, artist:, and unofficial misc: tags. This will be useful to those like TheGreyPanther who frequently vote on tags that later get slaved/grouped/renamed - otherwise, the list of removed tags at the top can get very long (and therefore useless).

To use it, set
CODE
var ignoreGrouped = true;
as shown near the top of the script.

Attached File  Tag_Check_1.2.3.user.js.txt ( 53.67k ) Number of downloads: 182

This post has been edited by Superlatanium: Oct 3 2016, 05:23

--------------------
+Quote Post

post Dec 20 2016, 18:04
Post #19
Epion

I'm responsible for what I say. Not for what YOU understand.
Level 500 (Godslayer)

A small question.
Norton does not allow me to use the script for some reason, (there is definitely a way, but since i'm not better with computers now, compared to when i was a monkey, i can't figure it out).
I tried to use the pc from an internet cafe, but... well i didn't have the saved history with me (... dry.gif ) , so... were does the scrip save the tags it recorded?

Edit 1: Never mind, they showed me at the cafe.

Edit 2: Actually what they showed me was not correct.
Can you tell me on what file does the script save the files/tags?

This post has been edited by Epion: Jan 5 2017, 01:36

--------------------
+Quote Post

post Jan 6 2017, 04:25
Post #20
Superlatanium

Level 500 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(Epion @ Dec 20 2016, 10:04) *
Edit 2: Actually what they showed me was not correct.
Can you tell me on what file does the script save the files/tags?
Sorry, didn't see this post because it seems the forum control panel completely removes thread subscriptions after a while.

Tags are stored in your browser's localStorage. Its location and accessibility varies across browsers.

For instance, on Win7 Chrome, it's probably in C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Local Storage\http_ehentaihip.com_0.localstorage

I wouldn't recommend messing with it or trying to copy it somewhere else unless you know a bit of Javascript; use
prompt('localStorage is', localStorage.savedTags)
and to put it on the other computer, run
localStorage.savedTags = '[paste in what you copied from the first computer, without brackets]'

--------------------
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
1 Members: k999k99

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th September 2022 - 17:50