> [Script] Live Percentile Ranges 1.1.0, See how good your equips are at a glance

post Jan 9 2018, 19:28
Post #1
Superlatanium

Dreaming of optimizing the system
Group: Gold Star Club
Level 500 (Godslayer)

This script displays the percentile of all of your equipment stats compared to other equips of the same type.

Attached File  Live_Percentile_Ranges_1.1.0.s3.user.js.txt ( 84.21k ) Number of downloads: 24689
Newest version, by sssss2

You can also see a graphical view of the min/max stats for each quality, as well as compare two equipments.

Attached Image

There are many display options:

Q to show Unforged Percentiles
W to show Forged Percentiles
A to show Unforged Base
S to show Forged Base
Z to show Forged Scaled to your level
X to show Forged Scaled to a custom level
F to show Forged Scaled to the equip's current level (the default display style without any scripts)
E to show absolute percentiles (0 - lmax)
D to show Fully forged base
C to show Fully Forged Scaled to a custom level
L to show equip's link for the forum ( [url=... )

If you want to have buttons for these functions rather than just keybinds, set the "mobile" variable at the top to true.

If you click the display style line, or the summary line, a few more options will appear. By default, the percentiles displayed are for the quality of your equip (eg Legendary), but you can see how their stats look compared to Magnificent/Exquisite/Superior ranges too.

Why/what is a percentile?

A [en.wikipedia.org] statistical term indicating where a number falls in a distribution. For example, something in the 99th percentile is better than nearly everything else in its category; something in the 75th percentile is better than 75%; something in the 25th percentile is better than 25%.

The default display style of equipment shows its scaled stats, which doesn't give you much of an idea of how good the stat actually is compared to other equipments: you have to hover over the stat to see its base value, and then you can compare its base value to the range of base values on the wiki. But this is tedious, and the base values themselves often don't hold much meaning until you reference the wiki, which is too big to memorize. Thus, percentiles: if you haven't memorized ADB ranges, but know that an equipment's ADB is in the 90th percentile, you know that it's well above average.

To calculate: Given a statValue, a statMinimum, and a statMaximum:
percentile = 100 * (statValue - statMinimum) / (statMaximum - statMinimum)

How it works:
The equipment ranges data on the wiki is generated from data stored on Jenga's server (on nibl.co.uk). Jenga's server is sent equipment links, the equips are parsed, and their stats are recorded. To find the minimums and maximums for a given equip type/quality/prefix/suffix combination, the database has to loop through all of its (many) items to find the minimum and maximum... for every stat. This script asks my server on [reasoningtheory.net] reasoningtheory.net for the ranges for a given equip type. If the equip type hasn't been requested before, my server will ask Jenga's server to go through all its items and generate minimums and maximums for me - this process takes a while, don't be surprised if it takes 60 seconds or so. But once my server has the response, it'll cache the minimums and maximums, so that whenever that equip type is requested in the future, my server can respond very quickly rather than after a long delay.

You can see the current database here: [reasoningtheory.net] https://reasoningtheory.net/viewranges

When your browser gets ranges for an equip type back, it saves it in your own local database, so server requests are only made if you don't already have the range info for an equip type. Ranges on reasoningtheory and on your local database both expire after 2 weeks: after that, they both have to ask for fresh range data. This ensures that the percentiles and stat ranges we all use are up-to-date.

If you have an unforged and un-IWd equip which has a percentile greater than 100% or less than 0, please open the options and press "Send Range" to send the equipment's link to Jenga's server, so the database can be updated.

If you see a forged or IWd modern equip with stats above 100% or below 0% on a stat unaffected by forging and IW, Jenga's database won't parse it: please PM me instead, and I'll add it to the database manually.

You can change what summary information is displayed via "shortSummaryStatsConfig" and "extendedSummaryStatsConfig" near the top of the script.

Script writers:
This script was intentionally designed to be modular: it should be very easy to integrate it into your own script. See the commented out section at the very bottom of the script for an example.

sssss2 made an update for this script:

I made a patch of Live Percentile Range script.

Release notes:

1. Absolute Percentiles (E key): the percentile point between 0 and lmax (legendary maximum value)
- Normal Percentile Ranges are very useful, but the values such as lmin/mmax/mmin are not always correct. This means that the Normal Percentile Ranges can have errors.
- Absolute Percentiles use 0 and pmax (equal to lmax) only, so those values are solid.

2. Fully Forged Base (D key) and Fully Forged Scaled to a custom level (C key)
- Attack Damage Lv.100 for melee weapons, Power armors and Shade armors
- Butcher Lv.5 for weapon of Slaughter (main hand only)
- Magic Damage Lv.100 for staves
- Magic Damage Lv.50 for Radiant Phase armors
- Archmage is disabled by default, but it can be enabled by editing script.
- Lv.50 for all other stats

3. manualRanges
- Some values of the server data are incorrect (even some lmax values are wrong). With this feature, you can overwrite them with the correct values.
- Default uses the lmax values of staves and the special stat values of phases.

4. Calculate more accurate unforged bases
- Better calculation of the effects of Butcher and Archmage
- Assign an average pxp0 to IW 10 equipment
- Important change: ADB/MDB forge factor from 0.278875 to 0.279575

5. Other fixes and changes
- Fixed the bug that prevented the range data from updating
- Changed the browser title to the name of the equipment, and add it to the browser history for searching
- Display pxp0 of the equipment in the summary text
- Display the percentiles of Spell Crit Damage (Mystic Phases)

This post has been edited by Nezu: Jan 6 2022, 18:00

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Report PostGo to the top of the page
+Quote Post

9 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(20 - 39)

post Jan 10 2018, 22:51
Post #21
Juggernaut Santa

Living in HV 0.83 until Tenboro adds the Tower to Persistent
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

QUOTE(Superlatanium @ Jan 10 2018, 14:07) *

My auctions use the same script. It's literally copy-pasted from Live Percentile Ranges into the auction script.

Well then that's a hella high rounding error then laugh.gif

QUOTE(Superlatanium @ Feb 9 2017, 02:11) *

[One02] Legendary Shocking Rapier of Slaughter (489, ADB 90%, Parry 98%) (seller: vivikinomoto123) End Of All Hope 3.2m #317 Extend to 14:35

Attached Image

QUOTE(Superlatanium @ Mar 30 2017, 04:01) *

[Hea03] Legendary Jade Power Helmet of Slaughter (500, ADB 74%) (seller: vivikinomoto123) End Of All Hope 4m #206 Extend to 14:20

Attached Image

QUOTE(Superlatanium @ Jan 10 2018, 07:44) *

For Gauntlets => Legendary, I manually added 5.59 as Lmax block chance on Shielding.

Now it displays a correct value for my gauntlets (92%), good. But in gianfrix's link, his 5.59 gauntlets are still shown with 111% block ohmy.gif

edit: found another oddity
http://hentaiverse.org/pages/showequip.php...;key=a50bf87152
All the stats are 99/100% (rounding errors) but piercing mit (boosted by suffix) is 698% laugh.gif

Non-peerless gauntlets (same suffix), 179%: http://hentaiverse.org/pages/showequip.php...;key=63dc830c24

Non-peerless helmet shows normal values (same suffix): http://hentaiverse.org/pages/showequip.php...;key=23ecadcdab
Non-peerless leggings, normal values too (same suffix): http://hentaiverse.org/pages/showequip.php...;key=98c7981d2d
Peerless boots, "normal" (99~101%) values too (same suffix): http://hentaiverse.org/pages/showequip.php...;key=0b7a90e6b1

Also, for some reason the breastplate "glitches" showing a lot of values twice..

This post has been edited by Juggernaut Santa: Jan 10 2018, 23:42

--------------------
[WTS] My shop (Cheap Stuff) + Free Forge and Coupon Clipper Service + Monster Scan Bounty for Low Levels + My Legendary Drops History
[WTB] Any Scythe (unlimited) / Legendary * Scythe of Slaughter (1) @5M or exchange w/ PEERLESS Longsword / My Galleries (30) / My Bounties (0 Open)
Finding 2 Doujins - Bounty of 100k Each / Need Source of some image? Check this before asking anything to anyone :P
Weapons: {[ Rapier / Shield ] / [Waki] } / [ Axe / Club / Rapier ] / { Axe / [ Shortsword / Rapier ]} / [ Katana / Waki ] / Estoc / Longsword / Mace / Scythes
Power Set: [Helmet] / [Body] / [Hands] / [Legs] / [Feet] // Shielding Plate Set: [Helmet] / [Body] / [Hands] / [Legs] / [Feet]
Shade Set: [Helmet] / [Body] / [Hands] / [Legs] / [Feet] // Reinforced Leather of Deflection Set: [Helmet] / [Body] / [Hands] / [Legs] / [Feet]
Fire Mage Set: [ [Hot(ly) Rod] ] / [ [Torch] / [Pitchfork] ] / [Burning Hat] / [Fiery Cloak] / [Ignition Cloth Gloves] / [Butt on fire] / [Floor (that is lava)]
Adept Learner: MAX; Scavenger: 32/50; Luck of the Draw: 12/25; Quartermaster: 8/20; Archaeologist: 5/10; Forge: 126/50 (MAX); Monsters: 88 (34/95)
QUOTE(Uncle Stu @ Jul 7 2017, 01:45) *
I am uncle stu, you are a bad person, that is how the world is, just face it and dont pretend something you are not. ^_^
+Quote Post

post Jan 11 2018, 21:25
Post #22
Superlatanium

Level 500 (Godslayer)

The auction ranges displayed a while ago were using the static percentile ranges, way before this script was made, so of course there will be some differences. But the differences aren't large (barring occasional bugs in this one), and the static ranges were by definition inaccurate compared to live ranges. Nowadays, the live ranges are always being used.
QUOTE(Juggernaut Santa @ Jan 10 2018, 14:51) *
Now it displays a correct value for my gauntlets (92%), good. But in gianfrix's link, his 5.59 gauntlets are still shown with 111% block ohmy.gif
See
QUOTE(Superlatanium @ Jan 9 2018, 11:28) *
When your browser gets ranges for an equip type back, it saves it in your own local database, so server requests are only made if you don't already have the range info for an equip type.
You need to clear your database in order to get the updated values.
QUOTE(Juggernaut Santa @ Jan 10 2018, 14:51) *
http://hentaiverse.org/pages/showequip.php...;key=a50bf87152
All the stats are 99/100% (rounding errors) but piercing mit (boosted by suffix) is 698% laugh.gif
Definitely a problem. Unfortunately, Jenga's database only has 4 equips matching Legendary|Peerless Reinforced Leather Breastplate of Deflection:
CODE
key    CAST( eqs.value AS DECIMAL(9,2) )    eid    key
Piercing    14.91    68845876    07b2f2886b
Piercing    15.42    94314949    2196376394
Piercing    15.48    96398504    5189ae679a
Piercing MIT    15.33    101612239    79eb29ec24
The reason there are so few is because it requires a specific prefix and a specific suffix, and a small sample size results in a large margin of error for the true Lmax/Lmin. My database was using 70m as the EID cutoff, so the first one there wasn't included, so the range I had was 15.33 - 15.48, which is way too thin.

The reverse forge calculator says 105749146's unforged piercing mit is 16.38, but the calculator isn't 100% trustworthy, so I've manually set Lmax to 16.3 until we can get better numbers. Exact same issue with the Gauntlets, I've set Lmax to 11.23.

--------------------
+Quote Post

post Jan 11 2018, 21:49
Post #23
Scremaz

A certain pervert. OT expert. Just dancing around in the game.
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

QUOTE(Superlatanium @ Jan 11 2018, 14:25) *

But the differences aren't large (barring occasional bugs in this one)

allow me to remember users that even large percentile differences (say, a 10% spread) actually reflect in a small gap in the actual roll. so, no panic, no red buttons, no whatever. and saving for this transitory phase in which there's a bit of uncertainty, high percentiles still hint (and will hint) at high rolls in that range. likewise for low percentiles.

--------------------
+Quote Post

post Jan 11 2018, 22:26
Post #24
Juggernaut Santa

Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

QUOTE(Superlatanium @ Jan 11 2018, 14:25) *

You need to clear your database in order to get the updated values.

So why did mine update 102% -> 92%, while the others remained 111% -> 111%?
The base values of block used for one and the other are different.
One got updated even if I already stored a different value without clearing the database, the other didn't get updated. Why?

--------------------
[WTS] My shop (Cheap Stuff) + Free Forge and Coupon Clipper Service + Monster Scan Bounty for Low Levels + My Legendary Drops History
[WTB] Any Scythe (unlimited) / Legendary * Scythe of Slaughter (1) @5M or exchange w/ PEERLESS Longsword / My Galleries (30) / My Bounties (0 Open)
Finding 2 Doujins - Bounty of 100k Each / Need Source of some image? Check this before asking anything to anyone :P
Weapons: {[ Rapier / Shield ] / [Waki] } / [ Axe / Club / Rapier ] / { Axe / [ Shortsword / Rapier ]} / [ Katana / Waki ] / Estoc / Longsword / Mace / Scythes
Power Set: [Helmet] / [Body] / [Hands] / [Legs] / [Feet] // Shielding Plate Set: [Helmet] / [Body] / [Hands] / [Legs] / [Feet]
Shade Set: [Helmet] / [Body] / [Hands] / [Legs] / [Feet] // Reinforced Leather of Deflection Set: [Helmet] / [Body] / [Hands] / [Legs] / [Feet]
Fire Mage Set: [ [Hot(ly) Rod] ] / [ [Torch] / [Pitchfork] ] / [Burning Hat] / [Fiery Cloak] / [Ignition Cloth Gloves] / [Butt on fire] / [Floor (that is lava)]
Adept Learner: MAX; Scavenger: 32/50; Luck of the Draw: 12/25; Quartermaster: 8/20; Archaeologist: 5/10; Forge: 126/50 (MAX); Monsters: 88 (34/95)
I am uncle stu, you are a bad person, that is how the world is, just face it and dont pretend something you are not. ^_^
+Quote Post

post Jan 11 2018, 22:52
Post #25
Superlatanium

Level 500 (Godslayer)

Just delete your old database, many of its values are invalid; then it'll work. (maybe not perfectly, that's what this thread is for, but better)

https://hentaiverse.org/equip/67681182/1391a4495d
Attached Image

If you see 111% then you're still using the old bad database, please report problems with the current setup, not with the older buggier setups.

--------------------
+Quote Post

post Jan 11 2018, 23:21
Post #27
Superlatanium

Level 500 (Godslayer)

"Plate" is matching "breastplate". I remembered to check for the space on one of the Plate tests but forgot it on the second.
Line ~155, change the beginning to "[[/\splate/, /power/], ...
(add "\s" right before the "p")

(not posting trivial script fix yet, I'm in the process of adding other stuff)

This post has been edited by Superlatanium: Jan 11 2018, 23:23

--------------------
+Quote Post

post Jan 11 2018, 23:28
Post #28
lazyNPC

├┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴┤
Level 459 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(Superlatanium @ Jan 11 2018, 16:21) *

(not posting trivial script fix yet, I'm in the process of adding other stuff)

No prob, i just said it to let you know smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

post Jan 12 2018, 03:17
Post #29
lazyNPC

├┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴┤
Level 459 (Godslayer)

Hi super, i added this to the CSS sheet inside DocumentInteractor(), so the forges of equipment are always inside the equipment box, maybe you'd like to add it too:
CODE
#equip_extended { height: initial!important; min-height:400px!important; }

This instead is me being nitpicky, if you'd like to change these (simmetry and all that tongue.gif):
CODE
#selectDiv {display: none; margin-top:10px;}
#clearButton { margin-top: 40px; margin-right: 20px; }

And maybe you'd like to change displayStyleDiv.onclick inside addResultsToDocument(resultsParam) to this to make that div togglable:
CODE
displayStyleDiv.onclick = () => {
      selectElementText(summaryDiv);
      if(!select.parentElement.style.display || select.parentElement.style.display == 'none')
          select.parentElement.style.display = 'block';
      else
          select.parentElement.style.display = 'none';
    };

This post has been edited by gianfrix94: Jan 12 2018, 04:02

--------------------
+Quote Post

post Jan 12 2018, 06:35
Post #30
BMXArena

Casual Poster
Group: Members
Level 400 (Godslayer)

Thank you for making this script~

--------------------
悪魔は孤独を大切にするべし。
Demons must relish solitude.

WTB Leg Rapier of the Illithid / Banshee
+Quote Post

post Jan 13 2018, 08:59
Post #31
Cryosite

Kind of a Big Deal
Group: Members
Level 416 (Godslayer)

https://hentaiverse.org/equip/148346326/3f5bc82af1

Noticed the LHOH in this week's auction displays an infinite casting speed stat. Seems to be picking up the potency.

--------------------
My WTB. Help me find upgrades, please.
My WTS. Gimme credits.
+Quote Post

post Jan 13 2018, 09:29
Post #32
Superlatanium

Level 500 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(Cryosite @ Jan 13 2018, 00:59) *
https://hentaiverse.org/equip/148346326/3f5bc82af1

Noticed the LHOH in this week's auction displays an infinite casting speed stat. Seems to be picking up the potency.
isHtmlNameFromIW fixed in an earlier version, 1.0.2 should properly account for it

This post has been edited by Superlatanium: Jan 21 2018, 09:19

--------------------
+Quote Post

post Jan 13 2018, 12:45
Post #33
Paruri

Casual Poster
Level 461 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(Superlatanium @ Jan 13 2018, 10:29) *

isHtmlNameFromIW fixed in an earlier version, 1.0.2 should properly account for it

I want to ask when does updated base show up?
I sent data of new Lmin for
Legendary Fiery Redwood Staff of Surtr (Lv.344, MDB 30%, EDB 5%, Prof 69%)
1-2 days ago but still script doesn't represent(I cleared local data)
+Quote Post

post Jan 13 2018, 12:50
Post #34
Superlatanium

Level 500 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(gianfrix94 @ Jan 11 2018, 19:17) *
Hi super, i added this to the CSS sheet inside DocumentInteractor(), so the forges of equipment are always inside the equipment box, maybe you'd like to add it too:
This instead is me being nitpicky, if you'd like to change these (simmetry and all that tongue.gif):
Looks better, thanks.
QUOTE(gianfrix94 @ Jan 11 2018, 19:17) *
And maybe you'd like to change displayStyleDiv.onclick inside addResultsToDocument(resultsParam) to this to make that div togglable:
I did consider that, but I thought that if someone's done with looking at the equip page details (which are impossible to open accidentally), they're almost certainly done with the equip page entirely.
QUOTE(paruri @ Jan 13 2018, 04:45) *
I want to ask when does updated base show up?
I sent data of new Lmin for
Legendary Fiery Redwood Staff of Surtr (Lv.344, MDB 30%, EDB 5%, Prof 69%)
1-2 days ago but still script doesn't represent(I cleared local data)
Without intervention, it takes 2 weeks for the server's range to expire and for it to request a new one from Jenga's, which will have the updated ranges. But you can also ask me to manually delete a range from the database so that a new one is requested immediately. I just deleted Redwood Legendary, so its next update should have the new info.

This post has been edited by Superlatanium: Jan 21 2018, 09:18

--------------------
+Quote Post

post Jan 13 2018, 13:26
Post #35
Paruri

Casual Poster
Level 461 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(Superlatanium @ Jan 13 2018, 13:50) *

Without intervention, it takes 2 weeks for the server's range to expire and for it to request a new one from Jenga's, which will have the updated ranges. But you can also ask me to manually delete a range from the database so that a new one is requested immediately. I just deleted Redwood Legendary, so its next update should have the new info.

Thanks smile.gif
And sorry for bothering you:(
I was just curious how the mechanism works rolleyes.gif
+Quote Post

post Jan 14 2018, 13:11
Post #36
Maharid

The Sleeper
Group: Catgirl Camarilla
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

Magnificent Oak Staff of Heimdall
If i select Legendary Ranges for this equipment i get this message: "No data available for this equip type".
Why?

--------------------
My Shop.
My WTB.

Patience is a virtue of the strong. I'm weak.

Please use MoogleMail to have a fast response but to help me also post a message in my thread so it will be keep alive.
+Quote Post

post Jan 14 2018, 13:51
Post #37
Juggernaut Santa

Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

QUOTE(Superlatanium @ Jan 11 2018, 15:52) *

Just delete your old database, many of its values are invalid; then it'll work.

Do I have to do it every time?
It takes several minutes per equipment type I haven't got the ranges from the server already, if I have to store all of them again each time I have wrong values saved, I'll live without the script laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

post Jan 14 2018, 14:44
Post #38
Paruri

Casual Poster
Level 461 (Godslayer)

I guess you put ADB's level scaling factor for MDB
Attached Image
Level scaling for MDB is 22.7275 instead of 50/3 according to wiki
+Quote Post

post Jan 16 2018, 21:59
Post #39
phontas

Casual Poster
Level 500 (Godslayer)

All I get is "No data available for this equip type".

I disabled all other scripts, and tried it on a bunch of different items.
I tried it on both chrome and firefox, but it doesn't work.
+Quote Post

post Jan 16 2018, 22:28
Post #40
lazyNPC

├┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴┤
Level 459 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(phontas @ Jan 16 2018, 14:59) *

All I get is "No data available for this equip type".

I disabled all other scripts, and tried it on a bunch of different items.
I tried it on both chrome and firefox, but it doesn't work.

Do you use the normal site or alt?
Did you check the console for errors?

--------------------
+Quote Post

9 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
1 Members: k999k99

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th September 2022 - 17:50