> [Script] SmartSearch, A much more effective way of searching through WTB and WTS

post Nov 19 2017, 20:32
Post #1
Superlatanium

Dreaming of optimizing the system
Group: Gold Star Club
Level 500 (Godslayer)

SmartSearch
Latest version Attached File  SmartSearch_1.3.7n.user.js.txt ( 66.1k ) Number of downloads: 10101

Before:
Want to buy an item from WTS at the best price? Click on every single thread on each of the 6 pages and control-F.
Want to sell an item in WTB at the best price? Click on every single thread on each of the 6 pages and control-F.
Want to find an equipment, such as Magnificent+ prefixed Rapier of the Nimble? Too bad, the search function doesn't support wildcards. You'll have to search for each prefix individually.
Magnificent Fiery Rapier of the Nimble
Legendary Fiery Rapier of the Nimble
Magnificent Shocking Rapier of the Nimble
Legendary Shocking Rapier of the Nimble
etc. Also, you can't filter search results for the first few posts of recent shop threads (the posts that have equipment lists), so the posts you find may be from players who haven't logged on in a year.
Now:
Want to buy an item from WTS at the best price? SmartSearch with a single click and get a list of every line in every thread in WTS that includes that item, all on one page.
Want to sell an item in WTB at the best price? SmartSearch and get a list of every line in every thread in WTB that includes that item, all on one page.
Want to find an equipment? SmartSearch for the equipment name (with wildcards if you want) and get a list of every line in every thread in WTS that matches (links to thread and equipment included). You also have the option of searching with a regular expression.
Quick start instructions:

Attached Image

Notes:
  • First "Save" every page in WTS and WTB, and then "Save" again every so often when you want to update the database.
  • Type in the search string and press SmartSearch while on WTS to search for threads in WTS, or while on WTB to search for threads in WTB.
  • Use * as a wildcard. You can also click the checkbox to search for a [www.regular-expressions.info] regular expression instead.
  • Not case sensitive. Both ordinary searches and regular expressions will match any case in the search string and search results.
  • Set Lowest EID to hide all lines with lower EIDs.
  • You can filter by thread title:
    • Exclude auctions in order to find equipment you have a decent chance of being able to buy from a shop
    • Include auctions in order to gauge the general market price of a (moderately high-tier) equipment type
  • Press "Ignore" to display an interface which gives you the option of ignoring the selected post, or the entire selected thread. From that interface you can also remove other posts and threads that you ignored in the past.
  • Strikethroughs strikethroughs and [url]s are preserved.
  • Can be used on forums 77 and 78 (WTS and WTB).
Newest update: sssss2 made some modifications and bug fixes, and Superlatanium approved of uploading it.

[New features]
- Sort by eid or last edited date
- Save selected threads
- Database Management: Backup, Restore and Delete
- Added a delete DB button

[Bug fixes]
- Parse old links and eid properly (hentaiverse.org/showequip.php?eid=*&key=*)
- Ignore start bids

This post has been edited by Nezu: Jan 15 2021, 16:45

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Report PostGo to the top of the page
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(20 - 39)

post Mar 8 2018, 18:55
Post #21
Scremaz

A certain pervert. OT expert. Just dancing around in the game.
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

QUOTE(Superlatanium @ Mar 8 2018, 10:14) *

Locked threads are not saved by default due to moderator request, since it usually indicates the poster is banned. You will have to change the setting at the top to allow that.

hmm... tbh i didn't think it would've affected auctions as well, my bad. is it possible to exclude locked threads but include auctions by default?

if not, maybe the least troublesome option is to return to the old way which didn't exclude locked threads, perhaps? unsure.gif

This post has been edited by Scremaz: Mar 8 2018, 18:58

--------------------
+Quote Post

post Mar 10 2018, 12:48
Post #22
cornandbeans

(゚∀。)
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

I got an error "dbSet: Error on transaction undefined" when I tried to ignore any thread after updated to 1.3.6.
Console showing:
CODE
TypeError: search.onclick is not a function  
dbSet: Error on transaction undefined
AbortError

This post has been edited by Lastwizard05: Mar 10 2018, 12:55
+Quote Post

post Mar 10 2018, 13:26
Post #23
Superlatanium

Level 500 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(Lastwizard05 @ Mar 10 2018, 04:48) *
I got an error "dbSet: Error on transaction undefined" when I tried to ignore any thread after updated to 1.3.6.
Ok, I'll fix it. Line 586, change "search.onclick();" to "search.click();"

--------------------
+Quote Post

post Apr 15 2018, 00:23
Post #24
Juggernaut Santa

Living in HV 0.83 until Tenboro adds the Tower to Persistent
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

For some reason, saving the newest threads has no effect.
When I make a search, the most recent result is saved 48 days ago.

Do I have to reset the database?
If so, how can I do that?

This post has been edited by Juggernaut Santa: Apr 15 2018, 00:23

--------------------
[WTS] My shop (Cheap Stuff) + Free Forge and Coupon Clipper Service + Monster Scan Bounty for Low Levels + My Legendary Drops History
[WTB] Any Scythe (unlimited) / Legendary * Scythe of Slaughter (1) @5M or exchange w/ PEERLESS Longsword / My Galleries (30) / My Bounties (0 Open)
Finding 2 Doujins - Bounty of 100k Each / Need Source of some image? Check this before asking anything to anyone :P
Weapons: {[ Rapier / Shield ] / [Waki] } / [ Axe / Club / Rapier ] / { Axe / [ Shortsword / Rapier ]} / [ Katana / Waki ] / Estoc / Longsword / Mace / Scythes
Power Set: [Helmet] / [Body] / [Hands] / [Legs] / [Feet] // Shielding Plate Set: [Helmet] / [Body] / [Hands] / [Legs] / [Feet]
Shade Set: [Helmet] / [Body] / [Hands] / [Legs] / [Feet] // Reinforced Leather of Deflection Set: [Helmet] / [Body] / [Hands] / [Legs] / [Feet]
Fire Mage Set: [ [Hot(ly) Rod] ] / [ [Torch] / [Pitchfork] ] / [Burning Hat] / [Fiery Cloak] / [Ignition Cloth Gloves] / [Butt on fire] / [Floor (that is lava)]
Adept Learner: MAX; Scavenger: 32/50; Luck of the Draw: 12/25; Quartermaster: 8/20; Archaeologist: 5/10; Forge: 126/50 (MAX); Monsters: 88 (34/95)
QUOTE(Uncle Stu @ Jul 7 2017, 01:45) *
I am uncle stu, you are a bad person, that is how the world is, just face it and dont pretend something you are not. ^_^
+Quote Post

post Apr 15 2018, 16:20
Post #25
Superlatanium

Level 500 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(Juggernaut Santa @ Apr 14 2018, 16:23) *

For some reason, saving the newest threads has no effect.
When I make a search, the most recent result is saved 48 days ago.
Do you see "Saved" come up a bit after you press the "Save" button?
QUOTE(Juggernaut Santa @ Apr 14 2018, 16:23) *
Do I have to reset the database?
If so, how can I do that?
If you have to, the instructions are at the top of the script - uncomment dbDelete, run the script, and re-comment it.

--------------------
+Quote Post

post Apr 16 2018, 05:42
Post #26
Juggernaut Santa

Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

It was.

Now after resetting the database it remains stuck into downloading.

Wonderful laugh.gif

edit: and now clicking on the smartsearch button opens a blank tab that remains blank forever...basically the same problem inugaki had on page 1 of this topic.

Wonderful^2 heh.gif

This post has been edited by Juggernaut Santa: Apr 16 2018, 05:46

--------------------
[WTS] My shop (Cheap Stuff) + Free Forge and Coupon Clipper Service + Monster Scan Bounty for Low Levels + My Legendary Drops History
[WTB] Any Scythe (unlimited) / Legendary * Scythe of Slaughter (1) @5M or exchange w/ PEERLESS Longsword / My Galleries (30) / My Bounties (0 Open)
Finding 2 Doujins - Bounty of 100k Each / Need Source of some image? Check this before asking anything to anyone :P
Weapons: {[ Rapier / Shield ] / [Waki] } / [ Axe / Club / Rapier ] / { Axe / [ Shortsword / Rapier ]} / [ Katana / Waki ] / Estoc / Longsword / Mace / Scythes
Power Set: [Helmet] / [Body] / [Hands] / [Legs] / [Feet] // Shielding Plate Set: [Helmet] / [Body] / [Hands] / [Legs] / [Feet]
Shade Set: [Helmet] / [Body] / [Hands] / [Legs] / [Feet] // Reinforced Leather of Deflection Set: [Helmet] / [Body] / [Hands] / [Legs] / [Feet]
Fire Mage Set: [ [Hot(ly) Rod] ] / [ [Torch] / [Pitchfork] ] / [Burning Hat] / [Fiery Cloak] / [Ignition Cloth Gloves] / [Butt on fire] / [Floor (that is lava)]
Adept Learner: MAX; Scavenger: 32/50; Luck of the Draw: 12/25; Quartermaster: 8/20; Archaeologist: 5/10; Forge: 126/50 (MAX); Monsters: 88 (34/95)
I am uncle stu, you are a bad person, that is how the world is, just face it and dont pretend something you are not. ^_^
+Quote Post

post Apr 26 2018, 00:24
Post #27
Juggernaut Santa

Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

10 days and the script still doesn't save anything anymore.

Rather, I lost the localStorage of EVERY site, yeah! happy.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

post Apr 26 2018, 00:25
Post #28
Maximum_Carnage

There is only carnage !!!
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

For some reason I'm not getting all the results from my search string.
I've typed "legendary\scharged\scotton\s.+of\sthe\selementalist" (also tried Legendary charged cotton * of the elementalist) and only got this:
Attached Image

But there's should more. For example in your #105 auction there were 2 charged pieces of elementalist but they're not listed. I did save pages before hitting search.

I'm using 1.3.7 version.
+Quote Post

post Apr 26 2018, 13:45
Post #29
jackalo

a guy
Level 500 (Godslayer)

when i click save it just downloads forever and the database remains empty

i tried the uncomment delete and create new database command and yielded no results :/

--------------------
Melee Enthusiast
+Quote Post

post Apr 26 2018, 15:59
Post #30
Superlatanium

Level 500 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(Juggernaut Santa @ Apr 25 2018, 16:24) *
10 days and the script still doesn't save anything anymore.

Rather, I lost the localStorage of EVERY site, yeah! happy.gif
I still can't reproduce it, are there any errors in your console? Threads seem to save fine for me
QUOTE(Maximum_Carnage @ Apr 25 2018, 16:25) *
For some reason I'm not getting all the results from my search string.
I've typed "legendary\scharged\scotton\s.+of\sthe\selementalist" (also tried Legendary charged cotton * of the elementalist) and only got this:
Attached Image

But there's should more. For example in your #105 auction there were 2 charged pieces of elementalist but they're not listed. I did save pages before hitting search.

I'm using 1.3.7 version.
You probably have `hideLocked` set to `false`. Locked threads have been hidden by default due to mod request, though maybe I should remove that since auction threads (one of the largest sources of quality equips) always get locked nowadays.
QUOTE(jackalo @ Apr 26 2018, 05:45) *
when i click save it just downloads forever and the database remains empty

i tried the uncomment delete and create new database command and yielded no results :/
Can you open your browser console and tell me if any errors come up while saving?

--------------------
+Quote Post

post Apr 27 2018, 09:40
Post #31
jackalo

a guy
Level 500 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(Superlatanium @ Apr 26 2018, 01:59) *

Can you open your browser console and tell me if any errors come up while saving?

Uncaught DOMException: Failed to execute 'transaction' on 'IDBDatabase': One of the specified object stores was not found.
at IDBOpenDBRequest.dbRequest.onsuccess (chrome-extension://dhdgffkkebhmkfjojejmpbldmpobfkfo/userscript.html?id=b7dfa376-237e-4997-8b36-0876ce003120:963:25)

in reference to this line of code:

var getRequest = db.transaction(["SmartSearchObjectStore"],"readwrite").objectStore("SmartSearchObjectStore").get('1');

This post has been edited by jackalo: Apr 27 2018, 09:41

--------------------
Melee Enthusiast
+Quote Post

post May 3 2018, 02:22
Post #32
balengooo

Casual Poster
Level 500 (Godslayer)

Hello,
I'm trying to use your script, but get an error when trying to save the database.
I edited the instructions to delete and create the database, but also DbDelete and DbCreate are not working.
I use FF56 and have disabled noscript, ghostery and adblock. The script run through Tampermonkey.
I don't know if it's relevant, but probably I have problems with localstorage.json beacuse often loose all the settings of HVtoolbox and I need to restore the backup....
Here are some screenshots:

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

I've very limited knowledge of this arguments, but if you need some other information or test, I'll gladly follow your instructions.

Thanks for your time
+Quote Post

post May 27 2018, 06:28
Post #33
jackalo

a guy
Level 500 (Godslayer)

pretty dumb of me, i didnt realize you couldnt delete and create the database in the script concurrently. fixed the problem i was having. just needed to delete the database then edit the script to only create the database the next time and comment them both out finally.

--------------------
Melee Enthusiast
+Quote Post

post May 27 2018, 15:52
Post #34
balengooo

Casual Poster
Level 500 (Godslayer)

Thanks for the suggestion, but I did it removing only one comment each time and it didn't worked.....
Do you know where this database should be located? Maybe I could check the file to see if it exist and the execution of the steps of deletion, creation, updating, ect.

SOLVED!
It was all my fault: I had active the firefox option to browse in anonymous window.
When I first disabled that option it didn't looked relevant because nothing changed, but it needed a restart of firefox.
Now the script works fine!

This post has been edited by balengooo: May 29 2018, 02:04
+Quote Post

post Aug 12 2018, 01:53
Post #35
Evil Scorpio

● Public Enemy ●
Level 443 (Godslayer)

I also have the problem with infinite downloading. How can I delete the database to let it be recreated from the scratch?

--------------------

♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ║ 1H+Shield Power Set: Rapier | Shield | Helmet | Body | Hands | Legs | Boots ║ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ║ 1H+Shield Shade Set: Rapier | Shield | Helmet | Body | Hands | Legs | Boots ║ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ║ 2H Classic Mixed Light Set: Estoc | Helmet | Body | Hands | Legs | Boots ║ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ║ Ice Cube Set: Staff | Helmet | Body | Hands | Legs | Boots ║ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴ ║ 31,416,020 people think I'm retarded. You don't like me? Get in line.
+Quote Post

post Feb 9 2019, 17:48
Post #36
Nayas

( 。∀ ゚)
Group: Members
Level 434 (Godslayer)

Anyone has any ideas why regexp doesn't match the price here?
Attached Image

According to regexp checker it should [regex101.com] https://regex101.com/r/aS1bJ8/77

I also fiddled a bit with it and made it catch prices preceded by "price:" or"price=:" that don't have k|m|c at the end, becase there was another shop that did this.
replace
(/@\s?([1-9]\d*(?:[\.,]\d+)?)/i);
with
(?:price|@)\s?(?:\:|=|\s)?\s?([1-9]\d*(?:[\.,]\d+)?)/i);

This post has been edited by Nayas: Feb 9 2019, 17:53

--------------------
+Quote Post

post Mar 3 2019, 16:23
Post #37
quevala

Newcomer
Level 266 (Destined)

I'm getting the error

dbGet: Error opening db undefined

When trying to save pages. Any ideas?
+Quote Post

post Mar 3 2019, 21:22
Post #38
Noni

Hataraku Noni-sama
Group: Catgirl Camarilla
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

QUOTE(quevala @ Mar 3 2019, 09:23) *

I'm getting the error

dbGet: Error opening db undefined

When trying to save pages. Any ideas?

works fine for me at this moment.

--------------------
Seen a funny monster name? Please share it here! (alternative facts show that this helps getting peerless drops)
Feeling lonely in HV? Join the HV chat
Need advice on HV? Check the HV Advice Wiki or the HV Advice Advanced Wiki
Even more advice needed? Ask the experts
source of sig pic

Collectors item: EID 200000000
+Quote Post

post Mar 20 2019, 20:51
Post #39
raynormj

Casual Poster
Level 383 (Godslayer)

Problem solved. It was a charset issue.

------------------------

Hello! It is odd that Smartsearch does not work at all on current version of Chrome + Tampermonkey, which makes me really puzzled. Any suggestions would be very helpful. The error messages are very similar to what I get from HV utils. If I could get either script to work, I suspect the other would work as well.

On the WTS forum page everything is unchanged and the console error messages are the following:

Unchecked runtime.lastError: The message port closed before a response was received.
VM118:64 Syntax error @ "SmartSearch"!
##########################
JSHINT output:
##########################

SyntaxError: Unexpected token :
at eval (<anonymous>)
at <anonymous>:2:494
at Object.b [as F_c] (<anonymous>:1:414)
at Object.E_u (<anonymous>:3:158)
at u (eval at exec_fn (:1:107), <anonymous>:65:6)
at ia (eval at exec_fn (:1:107), <anonymous>:63:263)
at Object.create (eval at exec_fn (:1:107), <anonymous>:75:51)
at c (eval at exec_fn (:1:107), <anonymous>:16:273)
(anonymous) @ VM118:64
VM118:64 Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token :
at eval (<anonymous>)
at <anonymous>:2:494
at Object.b [as F_c] (<anonymous>:1:414)
at Object.E_u (<anonymous>:3:158)
at u (eval at exec_fn (index.php?showforum=77:1), <anonymous>:65:6)
at ia (eval at exec_fn (index.php?showforum=77:1), <anonymous>:63:263)
at Object.create (eval at exec_fn (index.php?showforum=77:1), <anonymous>:75:51)
at c (eval at exec_fn (index.php?showforum=77:1), <anonymous>:16:273)

This post has been edited by raynormj: Mar 20 2019, 22:33
+Quote Post

post Mar 27 2019, 03:21
Post #40
quevala

Newcomer
Level 266 (Destined)

QUOTE(DJNoni @ Mar 3 2019, 15:22) *

works fine for me at this moment.

Got it working in Chrome! I use FF for work and I'm positive I have it too jacked up with too much running for it to work.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
1 Members: k999k99

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th September 2022 - 17:49